SD2 and SD3 software collection? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

SD2 and SD3 software collection?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ForzaLaVida, Jan 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaLaVida

ForzaLaVida Karting

Sep 30, 2020
    Deltona Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom Dodd
    Thanks for the kind words, It was a pleasure working with you.

2. ama9910

ama9910 Rookie

Mar 13, 2021
    Sydney, Australia
    Really cool project! I noticed you don't have any SD3 files in your archive. Anything planned?

3. billydv

billydv Rookie

Sep 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    Billy DeVincentis
    Hi, has this progressed at all? What are we using as an interface? I assume openport?

4. ForzaLaVida

ForzaLaVida Karting

Sep 30, 2020
    Deltona Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom Dodd
    This is the unmodified version, There has been no progress made on a substitute interface. I have many more hours of work to do, in that direction.

5. epb0

epb0 Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    FRANCE
    Thank you for sharing and the time spent.

Is there a possibility to have vehicle data (for technical documentation, independently diagnostic capatibility) ?

6. tgaspl17

tgaspl17 Karting

Jul 12, 2022
    India
    Full Name:
    TGASPL
    Hey really great work on this ForzaLaVida. Thank you for putting in so much time and effort. I own a garage in India and have a 1996 355 F1 spider here that needs a lot of work. The owner sent over the sd1 tool with the car and I used your uploads to set up the software but I can't seem to get my pc to communicate with the tool. Have an old laptop with windows 98 installed and all the connections are direct(no adapters in between). Would love to get it to work to scan the individual modules in the car. I know that each module has its own connector and it needs to be connected through that. Would love any information on getting my pc to connect to the tool. If any drivers are required or I'm doing something wrong. Thank you in advance for any information you provide.

7. ForzaLaVida

ForzaLaVida Karting

Sep 30, 2020
    Deltona Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom Dodd
    Hey there, Ill message you shortly so we don't clutter the thread.

8. stradaleitalia

Jan 4, 2022
    uk
    Full Name:
    sam hill
    Hi ForzaLaVida, i have just purchased a Maserati SD2 and I really want to convert it to a Ferrari sd2. I have all the base software for Ferrari and Maserati, your help with this would really appreciated.

9. JeMi73

JeMi73 Rookie

Dec 30, 2016
    Hi ForzaLaVida, really interesting post !
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge !
    I have a Ferrari SD2 complete because of you. I'm really curious to know how you switch Ferrari to Maserati and vice-versa.
    I have SD3 too but just with Maserati base.

10. SalemAloumi

SalemAloumi Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Salem A. AlOumi
    Hello ,

is that a software to be installed in PC and connecting it to any ferrari and it will get the diagnose ?

11. ForzaLaVida

ForzaLaVida Karting

Sep 30, 2020
    Deltona Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom Dodd
    No. You must have the original test equipment.

12. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    @ForzaLaVida Just wondering if you ever posted the full VM? Please PM me as I might have some SD2 files to share from an OLD WinXP desktop loaded with Ferrari SD2.

epb0 and Qavion like this.
  13. epb0

epb0 Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    FRANCE
    I'm very very very interest if you can share HDD image of this computer.
    [email protected]

14. billydv

billydv Rookie

Sep 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    Billy DeVincentis
    Yes, can someone please share the image

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Guys..honestly. you no longer need the sd2 or sd3 crap. Autel, Launch and a few others have successfully cracked the Ferrari myth. For a couple grand you can do all kinds of fun stuff with those tools.

Not sure what you are trying to do but the SD system is old and cracked a long time ago. Save your money.

spaghetti_jet likes this.
  16. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Unfortunately can't read the older ones.. 512tr , 360 F1 pre 2003, f355 f1..unless someone found the magic one

I was thinking of trying the autel 919.. to see if it works ..so far as I know it Leo is the only one

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

tbakowsky likes this.
  17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Very true..I forgot about those. The x431 does have the connections for the ISO and I did manage to pull codes from a 95 456 but wasn't able to get any data stream etc..

flash32 likes this.
  18. billydv

billydv Rookie

Sep 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    Billy DeVincentis
    One thing my autel cannot do is a proxi alignment, only sd3 will do that on a Maserati

19. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Can you try your autel on a 1999 to 2001 360 and / or a 1993 512tr ?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The Leo does it..actually its quite good with that stuff..

21. Island Guy

Island Guy Karting

Feb 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Island Guy
    The Autel is useless in setting up a new clutch on a 430....Clutch data retrieved is suspect at best. The SD3 works just fine. 355F1 set-up? An SD-2 running ported SD-1 software works perfectly. I guess it depends if you want to guess or have the correct results.

Rifledriver likes this.
  22. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    We have the Leo, Autel, Launch X41, Texa..and a wack of others. I use Autel the most for almost everything. For clutch life readings I use the Launch or the Leo.

I have adjusted numerous clutches, performed the self learns etc with the Autel and have never had any kind of issue. That said..we did have to replace our Autel a couple years ago due to it not performing and sometimes completely failing send and bi directional commands. Its possible your unit may have an issue. We keep ours updated constantly with the automatic updates. It been a great tool.

In the beginning I didn't trust the Autel very much as it screwed me over on a Maserati relearn..that's when I discovered there was an issue with ours. After that experience, I compared all the data I could from it..to the Leo..and found they were very close..and in some cases the processing speed of the Autel was much faster..I find the Leo to be rather slow with the live data.

Anything earlier with the ISO I use the Leo..

23. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    @ForzaLaVida

Any further progress on this project? Would be nice to have diagnostic tools for the DIY folks who don't want to spend tens of thousands of dollars.

24. JazP

JazP Rookie

Feb 23, 2013
    Is there anyone who would be willing to contribute the SW for an SDX 2.0?

Right now, there's only the SW for the normal SDX available in the collection (guess it's called SDX 1.0 then?). Having support for the SDX 2.0, too, would be awesome!

Pic of an SDX 2.0: https://www.waycon.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/sdx1.jpg

25. Saleen5000

Saleen5000 Rookie

Sep 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    Samamah
    Will this SD2/SD3 help check mileage from the ECU/TCU when checking out a used car? Please let me know or direct me to the correct way to check mileage on a used Fcar. Appreciate it.