SE 30 thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SE 30 thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by kane00, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

What spring weight are you going with? And whose spring are you using?

-J

2. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
  3. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Sounds like fun !!! Keep us posted.

4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Aaaahhh....now we are coming closer to the point! You did some modifications on the rear axle/suspension??? S, you also had that feelin`I had when driving it.

OK, you can turn a russian LADA into a hot rod if you put enough modification into it including an F16-engine --BUT: we spoke standart Lamborghini specification!
    I am pretty sure that there is also some left in the Murcielago for any modifications to set up it even better.

But all this is aftermarket. Let`s talk about what was there first - and then you clearly see that you can`t change the quality of the chassis in a car! The chassis is almost the only thing you can`t modify.

Ciao!
    Walter

5. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    John,

We're going to use 225 to start. Stock is 250 for the SE, but we think it might even have to go down to 200. We'll drive it and see how it feels. Don't know how yours handles but this one was bone stock and came around really quick. What are your camber and toe in settings? We're changing those too. I'll keep you updated and look forward to getting the two cars together.

Keith

6. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    I would like to find out more about these mods as well. Seems like a good idea to swap out for softer id springs. You using eibach id springs? Where do you have your camber settings done in CA? I am in Los Angeles as well and would like to know a good adjustment place.

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Aaaaw cmon guys, theres nothing like that sudden "comin' around" feeling at 6am on a Sunday morning (even before coffee) to wake you up and leave you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the rest of the day.....thats what I loved about mine. Heehee.... Now back to the Countach Reunion thread. Sorry.

Joe

8. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    lol. joe. I had some fun with the tail too... but i would prefer not to have the tail permanently up front... lol. Anycase, i am interested in the revised spring rate. would be great help.

9. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I'll let you know as soon as I get the car back. Greg hasn't given me the specs yet. I'm in LA as well, Joe and I are planning a drive soon, so you'll have to come along.

Joe, love the tail out, but I'm usually way too hung over in the morning!!!

10. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Usual Supercar accident scenario: 2 guys out for a fast drive. Driver's last printable words are the often-used pre-accident disclaimer: "Now watch this!"......120mph....Tail comin' around....trees fast approaching....this CANT be good....."@#%@@***!!!"

LOL. Talk about a wake up call! Maybe we should go for the softer springs on second thought.

Joe

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I have been here at our shop all week, WWW.DRIVENEXOTICS.COM and WWW.CATSEXOTICS.COM working on his SE with Steve and Greg.

We just finished the springs change over last night, other items as well, but I can tell you, this is with out a doubt one of the nicest SE in the Country.

Can not wait to see what the changes do.

STEVE has been working from 7am to almost 10PM EVERY NITE this week on the car.

It will be assume!!!!!!!!!!!

Only bad thing is my fricking cars are not getting anything done to them! They are just sitting like bad step children in the corner..........

12. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    roy, would love to hear specifically whats been done to it. Maybe Steve or Greg should chime in?

Joe... seeing those pics.... man... i was pretty close to having a similar scenario on my hands. Fortunately, there was some luck on my side... the replaceable rubber lip on the front spoiler was scraped up a little bit.... :)

let me know when you guys wanna meet. I have finally some free time til the end of the year... whew good and busy year....

13. Motorcar_Maverick

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #39 Motorcar_Maverick, Dec 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Where did you find the pic of that silver one?

15. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Roy, Greg and I figured out your Miura obsession and we give you credit, it is a smart one. You need to buy 3 so as they break along our drives you can pull another off the trailer and keep rolling like nothing has happened!! LOL Even though I think Joe might have been behind this scheme for a while!

I can't wait to drive the car. Should be amazing. One of the articles i was reading last night had an interesting point. The reason behind the SE 30 to begin with was to have a base car that could compete in the FIA races alonside the F40's, McLarens, Porsche's, when turned into competition form. So Lamborghini did quite a bit different with this car. The other interesting point is that when the car came to the US, Lamborghini did not have the funds or extra cars to crash so they hoodwinked their way by saying it was a cosmetic version of the 1994/95 VT. Owners will notice on DMV sheets it comes up a 1994 VT.

Roy, I really think you're going to want to add one to your collection.

Keith

16. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Cause they're stupid.

17. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #44 wbaeumer, Dec 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Strosek was responsible for some of the ugliest modifications ever to be seen on cars in the early 80ies. I have no idea if he is still in the busines today (hope not!!).

Yesterday I saw a SVR at the Essen Motorshow in Essen/Germany (equivalent to the Las Vegas Motorshow and same as pimpy!). Very much modified and with a veeeery flashy paint job. Absolutley tasteless! This "duck" had also the rear "panel" from Strosek but was "styled" by a shop either here in Germany or Austria. So I assume this Strosek-guy is not "acting" anymore!

Ciao!
    Walter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    That's not a SVR

19. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    I don`t know what it is!! Perhaps its "SVR" `rd. But what I know is - its horrible!

Ciao!
    Walter

20. Motorcar_Maverick

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jason
    i dunno, i'va had it for a while, but it's a gorgeous combo on that car.

21. Motorcar_Maverick

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jason
    n yea i agree, that is disgusting.

22. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell

I actually like the color of the car. Looks like a Candy red of some sort. The interior on the other hand.....

Darrell.

23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Darrell, unfortunately the real color doesn`t come thru on this pictures. The paint job was perfectly done - but this color really looked like to be done by Santa`on drugs! Then all this chromed stuff on the car - including the chromed wheels!!!! Disgusting! Its a real Pimp-car for the chaps in baggy-jeans with tons of gold hangin`around their necks!!

Ciao!
    Walter