SE 30 thread | Page 72 | FerrariChat

SE 30 thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by kane00, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    I am not saying this an owner trying to talk the values up, but I think these cars and Diablo's in general still .have a long way to go.

2. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    I think we have to differentiate between the cars itself. As the market shows, well preserved cars, full maintained and with complete history still bring good sells prices.
    There are cars, like for example #20, #053, #064, #144 which have here and there some unclarity in the history.

#099 for example (no connection to it) is a well preserved car, which will find a buyer sooner or later. The only problem i see on this car is that it has leather and no alcantara interior.

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    In all my sales of @ half-a-dozen superb SE30s, the word 'Alcantara' has not been mentioned by the buyer, not once.

Just another perspective.

4. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    Personally, for myself, it would have to be a purple car with blue alcantara or nothing.

5. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    It would really all depend on the price wouldn't it? Personally I prefer the alcantara as well but I wouldn't pass up an amazing deal.

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The Amari SE30 in the UK with 26,000 miles priced @ $726,000 fits that description precisely.

7. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Yes because you´re based in USA and the cars which were delivered to the states just have leather interior . In europe the people prefer the alcantara which makes the SE30 so special.

8. christiann

christiann Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    I guess I am from usa because I would pass on the alcantara.

9. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    I just can tell you my experience on the european market. The people here prefer alcantara, i had #99 for sale and some potential buyers passed on the car because it had leather interior.

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That's understood, there are definitely regional preferences, and the one European SE30 I have sold to the USA has beautiful white leather interior.

Also, I recall someone re-trimming a USA car in Alcantara years ago and subsequently having difficulty selling it.

Not to go off-topic, but did Diablo SVs not also come with Alcantara?

11. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    I assume also the temperatures in the particular countries are an important aspect, on higher temperatures i believe leather is maybe more comfortable than alcantara.
    Maybe thats the reason why US, ARAB spec cars were delivered with leather interior. Sure if you re-trimming a car, its a post production modification which isnt anyones taste.

Diablo SVs for the european market came mainly in alcantara, us market cars mainly in leather.

12. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    Alcantara is also a lot lighter than leather, and that's the advantage I think Lamborghini was thinking of with the SE30 and SV.

And its not just the seats, but the whole interior.

13. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    I believe it is just that in North America and elsewhere, like the Middle East, leather is regarded as the highest quality material. Hence, dealerships ordered their cars with full leather interiors, as they thought it would be what their clients wanted. In Europe and Japan there was more interest for alcantara, probably as it was seen as one of the special features of the SE. That having said, there are also some custom ordered cars with both leather and alcantara, for those that couldn't make up their mind :p

Mr Mezzanotte likes this.
  14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks for the clarification.

Perhaps the use of Alcantara was meant to convey the motorsports look, as the difference in weight is negligible.

Agreed.

That said some special SE30s such as the Jota-appointed 132/150 had leather seats.

From a practical point of view, leather is not only more comfortable, its easier to keep in nice condition as Alcantara wears poorly in high-use areas.

15. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    Joe, try reading this..

Its partnership with Lamborghini is a fine example: a perfect combination of technical and stylistic advancement that strengthens and highlights the specific qualities of the two brands. Thanks to its versatility and the possibility of reducing the weight of its upholstery to a minimum, Alcantara guarantees original aesthetic touches and compliance with a sporty style.

from: https://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/partners/alcantara

its important to note - there are 2 weights of Alcantara available for seats and panel.

So I think this is down to market option/preferences - Europe Alcantara, US/Arabia - Leather, but there is a difference in weight.

16. revio

revio Karting

May 9, 2006
    France
    Full Name:
    Thibault
  17. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    I have to agree, leather in a SE30 is just wrong. It's akin to a F40 with leather trim.

18. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Awesome spec! I'd have a tough time choosing between this and the black/blue combo.

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agree on all, I'm aware there is a difference in weight between leather and Alcantara, but when I say "negligible", I mean not enough of a difference to affect performance.

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I thought the F40 which Ferrari SpA built specially for F. J. Connoly with leather seats was super-cool, I inspected the car myself @ HR Owen in London and it left quite an impression with me. Also, as the personal owner of 3 F40s over the last 20 years, I found the lightweight fabric material to be very fragile and not very robust in high-wear areas (as with Alcantara) and I often wished for leather-trimmed seats.

21. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
  22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That interior color combination certainly leaves an impression!

Seriously, looking at this leather vs Alcantara debate, I am finding that a lot of Eu/ROW SE30s had leather, some special-order cars and Jotas amongst them.

Here is 086, the car built for the Sultan of Brunei (but supposedly never delivered?), it was painted Bordeaux by the factory and appointed with a beautiful Crema leather interior.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006