SE 30 thread | Page 73 | FerrariChat

SE 30 thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by kane00, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1801 joe sackey, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
  3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I sold 051/150 to John from my European client's collection, then, some time later, I sold it again from John to my client who presently has it, an SE30 connoisseur to be sure.

Utterly stunning white/white SE30, it's in the company of a white/white Downdraft, and others besides.

4. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    One of the nicest examples I've seen. Beautiful combination.

5. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
  6. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    051, for sale for many many years in Avellino. Priced relatively high at the time, but it's a nice car. Then in changed hands four times in a short period as prices rose.

7. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Do you have any pictures of the seats?

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Many truly special Lamborghinis have been openly available for a long while, only to be finally recognized for what they are, and end up in the collection of an appreciative enthusiast, this is a familiar pattern!

9. p30lam

p30lam Rookie

May 8, 2017
    Although subtly and quietly Amari have removed the price originally posted and reverted to POA.....

10. p30lam

p30lam Rookie

May 8, 2017
  11. EVOeng

EVOeng Karting

Jul 1, 2011
    London, England
    The SE30 wheels come with the car, although they are not currently fitted.
    Front valance is standard.

12. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
  13. ijvpet

ijvpet Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2002
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    John P
    Boomhauer likes this.
  14. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    #143, I believe we discussed this car before. Repaint by Performance Hub London, reupholstery by B-Trim.

Some observations based on the pictures. It doesn't look like the reupholstery was done to a great standard in my opinion. First question would be if they indeed used the correct alcantara color/material/color stitching. It is my understanding that they tried to do the work based on the scarce set of older pictures of this car, I don't think any of these clearly shows what the original interior looked like. The seats are obviously not done correctly as the SE never had this sort of piping around the headrest, it also had a different bull logo. I also have doubts as to whether the current seats are actually original, as a similar set is currently for sale in the UK (the daytona inserts in these seats are remarkable though). The alcantara upholstery on the doors is not correct and so are the SE crest on the center console and the carbon fibre parts around the gauges and steering column. The car is advertised as having "optional lacquered gloss carbon fibre trim", but Lamborghini never offered this for the SE as far as I know, the carbon fibre should have a matte finish so it seems an aftermarket application, also with regards to the engine bay.

Regarding the exterior, I haven't seen the car so I cannot judge on its condition and the repaint. The original yellow color for the SE is Super Fly Yellow (LAM. 231233). The tail light bezels should be dark red, like all other cars. There also seem to be some gaps between the front panels.

Again, these are just some observations, I don't want to be very negative about this car as it seems to be in much better shape than a few years ago; but when you are spending money and putting effort into restoring a car, I do believe they could have done a better job with some more background knowledge.

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Period image by Snapper Seven, I think this could be 051/150 the Naples Motor Show car, on the Automobili Lamborghini SpA support truck for the Diablo SVR races.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thank you for this post.

I believe it is very important to have experienced members comment constructively on the cars, even if they are not for sale, I see this only as a positive because it shares useful information which increases the received wisdom and educates enthusiasts & owners alike. This is especially important with classic Lamborghinis many of which have been modified or changed since they were manufactured, which is perfectly fine until someone tries to falsely claim that the modified guise is factory original. We see this far too often in Lamborghiniland. Commenting on original application or specification relative to current guise is in no way disparaging the car, it's simply making a factual observation FWIW, and I think we need to appreciate it anytime someone takes the time to do this, as the knowledge only enhances the marque overall.

17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Under the weather, so I spent the day documenting every VIN of every North American SE30 car. I ended up locating in our records every single factory VIN and was able to run a Carfax one each car. It is wild how many SE30 examples are truly left with low miles... or no damage history...

Also impressed how many examples have OVER 15,000 miles... a few with over 30,000 miles. Amen!

Considering how rare these cars are, and the demand for low mileage collector quality cars in the Ferrari market..

We are ALL going to regret not buying the Metallic Black SE30 with under 200 miles.

ijvpet likes this.
  18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Well said, because, its no longer available!

19. lince

lince Karting

Sep 26, 2006

Congratulations on the sale and to the new buyer

20. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    Long term how do you guys think the SE30/Jota will stack up against the Diablo GT. In terms of production numbers, the GT slots right in-between the 30 and Jota but it is a completely different carbon body (except doors/roof), which I believe will prove to be desirable in the future. In my humble opinion carbon cars of the 80's-90's will be looked at in the same light that look at Aluminum bodied cars of the 50's-60's today (such as Alloy Gullwings/XK120's/250SWB's....)

21. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    I think the GT will always be considered the ultimate Diablo. Jota prices seem to be right there with the GT; my feeling is that most change hands privately.

There is something about the SE30 which comes off as more authentic to Lamborghini IMO. As far as figures though, there's no way around the 6.0 v12.

22. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    the SE30 Jota is THE ultimate diablo in my book...
    it is the wildest, rarest and most extreme one, not designed to be road legal and built to race in GT championship

as much as i love all diablos the GT look is also a bit "too much", looks like overdesigned and a bit too busy

to me the Jota is more desirable

the carbon point is interesting: but in the GT is only for body interior parts ......and other diablos had carbon parts before (interior panels on SE30, roof on roadster...etc) so no big deal to me
    diablo is a steel tubes chassis and is not one of the few carbon chassis car of the 90's (EB110, F50, etc...)

23. All cars are great of course. However the GT is the ultimate Diablo in my opinion. There are several reasons for my choice:

• The GT is fully road legal whereas the Jota isn't. For the US this may be different as the GT was unfortunately never homologated. This also partially explains why the GT isn't that popular all over the world as the US is the biggest Lamborghini market worldwide.
    • The GT drives the best of all of them. If you ever have a chance to drive all three of them you will understand this. Especially the wider front track makes a huge difference. The brakes are much better as well even including an (not that well tuned) anti lock system. Needless to say that the engine pulls harder than in the SE30. Taking out the cats like in the Jota would increase the hp even further.
    • You mentioned the use of carbon fibre parts and you are right they replaced quite a few interior and exterior parts. The big wing is carbon fibre, the side skirts, the front etc.
    • The only downside I see on a GT is the optional long gear ratio which takes off a lot of the dynamics. Buyers had three options at that time: a short, a standard and a long gear ratio. The short option was far the best but only a few cars got it as the top speed was limited to 300 Km/h whereas with the longest option the car was the fastest production car of that time.
    When it comes down to the looks of the three cars I just say: the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

24. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    It was a my understanding that the whole body (not chassis) of the GT was carbon except for the doors and roof, is this not accurate?
    I'm almost sure the whole front end, and engine cover are carbon in addition to the rear diffuser and wing. But I'm not sure of the rear quarter panels. I simply always assumed the quarters were as when you open the engine bay on one its all carbon around, but you know what they say about assuming :).

25. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The car did not sell, I decided to keep it. I had questioned the decision since I sat staring at the car for 4 hours during the photo shoot and when Joe and Sterling started getting a few people with interest I feared getting seller's remorse. When I discussed keeping the car with Joe, he fully agreed and was actually happy that I came to that decision. Frankly, I plan on putting some miles on it and enjoying the car. Owning a few cars, it will still stay among the lowest mile SE 30s in the world and will always be the only one on the road in Nero metallizato. I used to think that I couldn't drive this car in fear of putting miles on it, but I have since come to my senses, :) hence the decision to keep it.

p30lam likes this.