Searching for history: ´72 365 GTC4 sn 15693 | FerrariChat

Searching for history: ´72 365 GTC4 sn 15693

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Zanny1, Jul 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Early this year I purchased a 1972 Euro spec 365 GTC4, serial number 15693. The previous owner was a Mr. John Marshall of Hollywood, who bought the car in 1989 during the price frenzy. The car ssentially sat unusued from that time until I bought it in March of this year.
    The owner before Mr. Marshall was a doctor located in La Jolla. I believe the car was originally painted Blue Chiaro but is now black. The interior is creme color and appears to be original, with exception of the dash and center console which has been done (nicely but incorrectly) in black leather. The odometer currently shows around 70,000 kilomters.
    The car runs well, produces no smoke and has few leaks. The suspension is shot and currently undergoing a rebuild at Bobilef motors in San Diego.
    The body is rust free, indicating to me that it has been in California for some time. It has original borrani wires and KO´s.
    If you know anything about this car, good or bad, I would appreciate some correspondence via this website or at [email protected]. Thanks.

2. Higgins23

Higgins23 Karting

Jul 16, 2004
    Europe
    Suggest you check with Ferrari Market Letter, they have a very extensive historical database.

3. ferrari sulla pellicola

ferrari sulla pellicola Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard

im pretty sure i can help you mike as i sold John Marshall several Ferrari cars during the late 80's.and spoke with him a bit about old days when he dropped that car to Blackhorse,it never crossed my mind to ask if that was "old blue".
    ill need to check my diary books from that era but if your radio antennae lowers down flush into the body ala Bill Decarr then i can fill in many of the past owners and the cars infamous history,(all legal type stuff nothing horrible)

4. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes the radio antennae does lower flush into the bodywork, so we are probably discussing the same car. Another give away that I did not mention is the console housing between the seats is black, not silver. With the seats out, the floor pans are blue thus the conclusion this was a blue car originally (which seemed to be pretty popular on C4´s). I am going to get into a pretty extensive mechanical and cosmetic restoration on this car, so all stories are welcome. I can´t find any evidence of the car having been wacked, and the lack of engine smoke or leaks indicates to me that someone may have been into it at one time. The interior is creme color and appears to have been redone some time ago. The paint job is good but not great. The driver´s seat is missing the door side hinge cover (good luck finding another one). The car appears to have been federalized at one time, but now has all the smog stuff removed. I am going to pull the motor and box pretty soon to perform some work and will verify the motor #.
    Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated. You can either got through Fchat or directly to my email address. Thanks.

5. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    To Mr "ferrari sulla pellicola" or anyone else knowing some history of this car, any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Mike