Seat Belt Lamp | FerrariChat

Seat Belt Lamp

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Part Time, Nov 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hello !...long time no type....

I went for a peek under the dash to work on a LH window failure and found this bundle of wires...obviously a "Seat Belt Warning Lamp".....however, the whole tangle was zip tied to the column support and due to the fact that the sticky tape on the mounting bracket was still unused, I would say the lamp was doing a great job of illuminating my shoes as I drive. ( I did twist the key to "on" and the lamp lights up ! )
    I think I have seen 1 or 2 photos of lamps clinging to the lower dash somewhere, but seeing the parts I would believe this is part of the US import modifications that were required.
    There is one wire rather crudely tapped into an OEM hot wire for power, and they released the OE flasher unit from its threaded stud to hang those 2 relays and the ground wire.
    I think I will surgically remove these items....and deposit them into storage..... what say you all ?

Gary Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I had a peek once under my TR dash and this was about half way through the job of removing all previous 'professional' installations. This was before I got to the alarm, the proximity alarm and the immobiliser all nicely (not) spliced into the main fuse box!

I say whip it all out! :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login