Seattle Ferraris | FerrariChat

Seattle Ferraris

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Exotica Motorsports, Jun 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    My wife and I are currently on a trip to Seattle. On the way we past a new silver Bentley Continental GT and looked through the windows in the service department at Ferrari of Seattle at a red Enzo. We came up and visited a new exotic dealer. They have two Ferraris and they are low mile cars and I believe willing to work on the prices for those who are interested.

First is a 1988 Mondial convertible VIN : ZFFXC26A8J0074965

13,933 original miles with ppi done for other potential buyer.

$49,999

The best one though is a 2003 360 Spyder VIN : ZFFYT53A930133695

1,464 miles with Daytona Seats

$224,900

If anyone is interested get ahold of me.

2. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Those cars look nice, but 50K for a 3.2 Mondial cab? That's way high, even if it were the 3.4 liter Mondial t.

While you're in Seattle, visit Park Place Motors in Bellevue, too. Their asking prices are usually high, and I've never bought anything there (wait... not true... I bought a Porsche as a present for an employee there once, but I don't count it because it wasn't for me), but the showroom sure is pretty!

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    That dealer will have to be awful patient to find a buyer at those prices....or maybe they get lucky and find a newby with the "gotta have it" syndrome... ;) It happens, a little too often...

4. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    We always make it to Park Place, but that is tomorrow. They have a silver S7 on the showroom. I thought their prices were a little high too. They did have a new Cadillac SLR, BMW Z8, Viper and some Porsches too. I talk to them about being an independant salesman for them and so I thought that I would get the Ferrari info out there.

We also stopped by Ferrari of Seattle, as mentioned earlier, and I have to say that their customer service towards us has always been terrible. I definately won't buy there, I will continue to stop in and look at the cars though.

5. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I was just looking down through the 360 Spyders at Newport Autosport and this Ferrari here in Seattle is priced fairly, assuming that N.A. is price to market value.

6. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Really? What happened? I have had good experiences there.

7. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    They just pretty much ignore us and if we ask them something it is just a one word answer and then they follow someone else around. I just feel that they ask like we are going to scratch the cars or steal something.

8. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Interesting. Never had a problem browsing at FoS even before I got serious and bought my car.

9. lambo_vt

lambo_vt Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    I too had this problem some time ago. I had inquired over the phone about a 360 and made the trip to see the car. When I arrived, I was the only person in the showroom (aside from the staff) I looked at the car for about 20 minutes, as the sales person just stood at a distance looking at me and pacing around the service entrance to the rear of the showroom. When I had asked for some info on the car, they treated me as if I was just a flame. Truth be told I had a cashiers check in my pocket. Other than that time, I have always found their work to be very professional and very precise.

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    FoNew England was asking the same for an 87 with 17k mi... I was puzzled to say the least.

Park Place guys are nice. Their finance manager Joe McGraw in particular.

FoS wasn't very pleasant to me either, the few times I stopped by - even when in a suit. I was young, sure, but there were a ton of dot-commers around at the time, before the dot-bomb.

11. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I did stop in a Park Place today. They were really cool other than the salesman that kept following us around. This guy was a complete idiot. There was a 1994 Viper there that was a pile. Its hood was delaminating or something, causing the paint to crack everywhere. The guy told me that that is the car I want because it shows that it hasn't had any paint work done and since they all do that then it is ok. He then told me that the hoods run $30,000 so it is best just to leave it alone.

Then I went over and looked at a 1998 and 2004 Lotus Esprit. He was telling me that these are just as fast as a new twin turbo Porsche and that they will actually beat it around the road course because the Porsche outweighs it by 1500 LBS! Where do they get these guys?

The other one was a 2000 360 that he told me was a great deal because the previous owner had a 360 Challenge engine put in it. Well, correct me if I am wrong, but Challenge car engines are not touched at all over the street 360. I don't care really but other people will probably buy his line of crap.

I did see my second Bentley Continental GT this weekend though. Dark Blue on tan on the showroom floor at Park Place.

If these guys are making money selling these cars then I should get in the business. They would make me look good.

12. jh355

jh355 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Halluci-Nation
    Full Name:
    Craven Morehead
    Blahahaha

“FoS Service has always been terrible”.

That’s priceless!!!

Even from someone who doesn’t live here.

13. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I only live a few hours south and we go up and visit them every few months.

14. DriveItalian687

Jun 28, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    Steve Jobs
    Whoaa....$50,000 for a Mondial? That sounds extremely steep, but the price on the 360 Spider sounds like quite a good deal.

15. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Well the Mondial did sell. I told the guy that the thoughts here were that the car was about $10,000 too high. Well luckily they didn't change the price because it just sold for $45,000. Interesting.