News

Seattle Hotel - Hyatt?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by yronZFF, Jun 7, 2021.

1. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hi Everyone!
    So, we're flying up to Seattle and was wondering if the Grand Hyatt Seattle or Hyatt Regency Seattle (or somewhere else) would be a nice place to stay. Have been to Seattle only once in the late 70's so I'm hoping for some help here. This is somewhat of a vacation so we'll be tourists to the locals. Don't know what's open or shutdown so also needing help on this too.
    Thanks! Ron

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Ron,

I highly recommend you avoid Seattle. Stay in Bellevue or Kirkland area is my recommendation.

Seattle is trashed and very dangerous now due to failed city leaders. Crime rate is up, homeless and trash all over.

I've lived here 44 years, Seattle used to be beautiful and admired, its now trashed big time and I avoid going there.

Hyatt & Westin Bellevue is very nice.
    Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland is really nice and located in a beautiful and safe area.

Here's a very good summary of how Seattle is today done by our local news:

https://fb.watch/5_BRnwn49O/

Really sad......

Hope that helps.

Dan

4. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your knowledge of Seattle.
    I watched the video and it is really sad to see what’s happening.
    It’s a lot to think about now.

Ron

5. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Seattle is awesome, lots of stuff to see and do. The video posted above is just propaganda. I have no experience with the Hyatt, but they should be decent options and are centrally located. The downtown core does tend to close fairly early. South Lake Union or the waterfront may have more night time activities.

Rory J likes this.
  6. jcurry

jcurry F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    Lk Stevens, WA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If you really want to stay in downtown the Inn at the Market is a nice boutique hotel right next to Pike Place Market. Some nice view rooms overlooking the market and Elliot Bay.

tritone and donv like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    I saw this post today and thought you were asking about the Supercars on the Lake event that happened today at the Hyatt Regency in Renton (about 20ish minutes from the airport). It looked like a really nice hotel. Beautiful views of Lake Washington.

Seattle has excellent restaurants and lots of fun things to do. Rent a car, stay at a hotel in Renton or Bellevue, and explore the whole area. :)