Seattle Spotter's Thread #1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Seattle Spotter's Thread #1

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Willis360, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Black 328 on E. Lk. Sammamish, Westbound on 520, North on 405. Very nice looking. I've always thought the 328's were great looking models. I did notice an interesting odor when following it though, kind of strange. An obvious F1 fan too!

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Today, I spotted my own 360 going down the road without me in it! Does that count? Seriously, the mechanic was just taking it for a test drive after oil change and a couple of other things. :)

Spotted a red Lotus Esprit parked near the Arboretum. Nice car.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    That doesn't count Willis! I've saw that same red Lotus heading eastbound on the 520 bridge yesterday in the pouring down rain.

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Andrew,

That was only the second time I saw my own car being driven away. It felt weird.

The first time, I almost didn't recognize my own car. Only thing in my mind was "Geez, That's an evil-looking 360!" :)

5. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Willis,

Be happy, it's cheaper that way...;-)

Albert

6. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    LOL!

You're so right about that, Albert. :)

7. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I haven't encountered a Ferrari yet while driving in Seattle. That's mostly due to me not coming at the right time. But I'm ALWAYS in Bellevue when I'm the puget sound area. The only time I went to Seattle and really saw some Ferrari's was for the Ferrari and Maserati's on 12th show earlier this summer. An absolute sublime display of Ferrari's that day!

BTW, I had to re-sign on to the site. I'm Guillaume (VanCooper) from the old board. I just lost my post count and stuff so I'm back to a rookie! And since October 24th, I've been driving a Mini Cooper S! The upgrade was well worth it!

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Welcome back. If you signed back up using the same username as on the old board then your post count should resolve in a few weeks. There are plenty of F-cars on the eastside of the "pond", but you're right, I tend to see more near the vicinity of downtown Seattle.

9. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002

I can tell you though that my friend in Bellevue has spotted one of the Seattle Enzo's (red one..GW?) on Bellevue way before.

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Probably GW or PA. There are supposely three ENZO's in the area now, two red and one yellow.

11. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I heard one of the McCaws has one too (bought out of area). So does that make 4?

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    yep, that would be 4 that we know of... what color is it? the yellow one belongs to a female right?

13. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    I have heard that the yellow Enzo I spotted a couple of weeks ago (in the rain) is owned by local "Hair Guy.." any guesses?
    Yellow Enzo driver was very much a male BTW.

Dave

14. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002

Wasn't it here on Fchat.com that I saw that Seattle's main newspaper had two Enzo's for sale recently, one yellow and one black?

15. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Andrew,

I was relaying only what I heard about a female driver seen in an Enzo. Third- or fourth-hand info.

16. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    yep, i posted that info. the guy had two red ones for sale prior to listing the black and yellow ones.

17. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    yeh, well she probably doesn't own it then. that's too bad. the thought of women owning/driving ferraris.... wicked!

18. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    C'mon Aandrew, maybe it is a she and she also owns it an is single...;-) Think about that...

19. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Spotted on the Eastside. A rosso Honda Insight with a license frame "My other car is a Ferrari". Driven by an older gentleman. Perhaps a club member? :) No, I didn't drive the 360 in this windy weather with leaves and branches falling everywhere.

20. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Albert,

Now wouldn't that be something... my imagination is running! :)

21. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Saw a black 328 tonight after the windstorm (about 6pm) in Redmond by Larry's Market...license plate read "3two8".

22. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Jackson and I were at Costco HQ's today and saw an awesome giallo (fly yellow) 360 spider with rear challenge, no shields roll by twice. Our eyes were glued on it!!

23. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Almost forgot, saw a red 308 or 328 parked in front of the Sheraton Downtown Seattle on Friday night.

24. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Prohydro,
    The black 328 is Dave Quick's car. He is on F-chat...

25. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

Speaking of that car, I drove it on Saturday! Thanks Dave Quick!!