Seattle Spotter's Thread #1 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Seattle Spotter's Thread #1

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Willis360, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Stokpro,
    The Ferrari at the Sheraton was still there Sunday evening... it is definitely a 308, not 328. Didnt' appear to have moved from it's spot since Friday night...

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Saw a pale yellow McBurnie (sp?) Daytona spyder replica in the vicinity of Paine Field this afternoon. Not really a Ferrari, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    black 550 maranello tonight heading south on bellevue way near northup. thought it was shelbee but it had normal plates...

4. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick

Yep, that's me. Had to pick up some wine and food. :)

5. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick

Hey - anytime - I should probably get around to actually listing the car as for sale in some of the usual suspects (FML, FCA regional + national newsletter, ferrariads, etc.) but I hope I don't have to and it can go to someone local that I have a chance to buy it back from...

Anyway - I'm glad youenjoyed the drive - if you want a better run with it on a sunny day just give me a ring.

BTW - to add something to this thread - the SIlver 2003 360 coupe under building 1 in microsoft has now turned itself into a Challenge Stradale (Yes, the owner upgraded after just 2 or so months with his "old" 360 coupe)

-dq

6. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I should have flashed you the Ferrarichat gang sign or something! Nice looking car, I saw several women stretching their necks to look...

7. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    dave,

i believe that's the same stradale albert rode in... plus, that silver 360 is now on the showroom floor at FoS. '03 360 must've been "holding him over" until the CS arrived. must be nice...

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I saw a black GT4 with moose antlers on the roof while driving around Vancouver on the 26th. Very fast car, hard to keep up with the guy.

DJ

9. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    That one sounds familiar DJ, I think I've seen it before. I remember it had a pretty loud exhaust too...

:)

Dave Q., you're selling the 328?

10. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Today, I took the 360 out for a spin during the Seahawk's halftime break. In the opposite direction, a silver 360 spider, on Avondale Road, going towards 520. Couldn't get a look at the driver. Was it Dr. Shelbee?

11. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Waht a beutiful day. Too bad, ther's 2 inches of ice in my subdivision. If only I can get the cars out to the main road. Myabe. I'll just amuse myself with Project Gotham 2 and the Stradale...;-)

12. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    There was some ice down at the bottom of my street. But not enough to prevent me from getting the car back up the hill and into the garage. Roads aren't bad aside from the gravel and the few patches of ice. I drove through western Woodinville and avoid the shaded areas going down towards Duvall.

Saturday looks like a clear and warmer day. Perhaps a group drive and lunch is in order?

13. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I know everyone must be having cabin fever about now - I was thinking about hosting a get together to wax cars and hangout - this only makes sense if the weather somewhat cooperates. I have a 4-car heated garage that is NOT a show piece but it is functional and a nice place to wash and wax cars when the weather is crappy outside. We can also put cars up on the lift if people want to check brakes or stuff underneath or want an easier way to get to the low parts. We'll have to take turns on the 4 inside spots so if there are more than 4, the extras can hang around and BS and have one of their favorite beverages.

If next Saturday or Sunday looks good, what about doing that?

14. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Yeah Dave - way to go...

My Maserati could do with a wash...

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Depends, if the top was down, it definitely wasn't Dr. Shelbee. Plus, I think he's still out of town.

16. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    The top was up and sunshine bouncing off the spider's winshield. Couldn't get a good look.

17. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Dr. Shelbee said it was him on another thread.

18. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Drove the hell out of both autos yesterday.......what a glorious day, albiet cold!

19. DeAvilla

DeAvilla Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Whidbey Island
    Full Name:
    Kent R. DeAvilla
    Hello, My name is Kent DeAvilla.
    I happened to be the proud owner of that Red/Tan Mondial 3.2 Cabrio that was up at Brian Jessel earlier 2003. I live in Oak Harbor. I had the engine rebuilt up there by Yasik. Excellent results, the car is now at Queen City Auto Rebuild in Redmond getting a quality paintjob. It should be ready in 2 weeks. I'd love to meet some of you guys, go squirt around the sound. It should gleem, I can't wait! Ciao!

20. DeAvilla

DeAvilla Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Whidbey Island
    Full Name:
    Kent R. DeAvilla
    Hello Dave, My name is Kent DeAvilla, I own the red/tan mondial 3.2 cabrio you saw on Nov. 9, I think I saw you too. I live in the Anacortes/Oak Harbor area. My car is currently getting a paintjob at Queen City Auto Rebuild in Redmond(Top Notch). It will be ready in two weeks, I can't wait. It would be great to meet some of you guys.

21. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Kent,
    You need to get involved with the local FCA, we have a very busy schedule coming up this year!

Go to www.ferrariclub.com and check out some of the upcoming events. Feel free to come to a couple, and see if joining the club appeals to you.

In May we will be having a drive/lunch in LaConner with the guys from British Columbia. In June we drive up to Vancouver for the Italian Car Show.

Dave

22. DeAvilla

DeAvilla Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Whidbey Island
    Full Name:
    Kent R. DeAvilla
    Dave, I've been a member since Dec. 2002, I'm going to renew. I wish I could have participated more last year but I was too busy making money. I'll relax a bit more in 04. I'm into those road trips you mentioned.

23. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  24. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Black 456 this morning pulling into a public garage on Western/Lenora.

25. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Do you guys miss me so much??