Seattle Spotter's Thread #1 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Seattle Spotter's Thread #1

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Willis360, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Kent, look forward to meet you,

Good choice for Queen City Auto rebuild, had a good experience about the past with Steve. Just make sure they tightened the screw wheels before they hand the car to you (this is a serious thing, my long gone P-car's tire/wheel almost felt off from the car after they did the paint job)

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I saw this old 456GT too about a coupe months ago parked on 1st across from Ekhart's furniture. Looked like this guy owns a store there??

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    It was probably the same one. The car was very dirty as if he's been driving it around after the snowstorm. At least it's getting some exercise.

4. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Saw a Yellow 308 this morning getting on southbound 405 from I-5 around 10:00 am. Sappa was that you?

5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

Sappa? You mean Spasso.

6. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Passed a yellow Modena with rear Challenge grill on Woodinville/Snohomish Rd near 202. I was out exploring the roads that Willis told me about. :)

7. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Don't know about the furniture store, but the filthy black car pulling into the parking garage was me. And amazingly, the car was clean two hours prior, when I pulled it out of the garage. 125 miles of driving around in the wet a few days after a snow storm can really trash a car good. :)

8. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Tim,

Glad to see you had a chance to drive finally. I hope you liked the roads.

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Spotted two 355 Spyders, two 308s, one 348 Spyder, a Maserati Spyder, a Fiat Spider, and a Porsche GT3. Oh wait, that was at Dave T's house today. :)

Thanks for having us over, Dave!

10. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Thanks, Willis good to see all you guys - Just finished washing my car inside the garage - It was pretty dirty - took me 15 minutes to mop out the floor after I was done. I can't wait to go on drives again in the good weather with clean roads.

11. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Newer black Maserati Spyder cambiocorso-chango thing (does that count as a Ferrari?) on Broadway today (Sunday the 11th) at 2pm parked in front of WaMu bank by Vivace espresso. Washington vanity plate "SKNSFAN". A very Italian looking gentleman got out and didn't give my red Ducati motorcycle (parked maybe 18" away from his car) a second glance.

I wonder if that means he is partial to a particular NFL football team, enjoys golf, or if he just likes to eat potato skin appetizers?

12. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    yes I do. That's what happens when you type sleep deprived :)

13. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I still haven't stopped smiling! I took a map and hit a dozen roads out that way. Thanks again for the great tips. And, if more such routes happen to come to mind... :) - Tim

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    ah ha, that was you! didn't get a close look otherwise i would've recognized you. glad to see she's out getting exercise. :)

15. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Spotted Ted W.'s Black 1999 355 Spider today heading south on I-5 towards Federal Way.... as usual he had the top -DOWN- even though the weather wasn't that great!

I was in the passenger seat of a friend's car getting a ride to Griot's Garage to pick up my car. Ted recognized me after we honked and waved at him.

16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Yeah, That was me and my buddy Robert on our way to Dave T's.

SAPPA?
    Wow, haven't heard that one since I dated that girl from.............never mind.

17. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    red 308 on 12th/Pine today... didn't catch the personalized plate. Also, red 355B (with aftermarket wheels) on 12th, looks like he was headed for FoS.

18. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Out driving with Shelbee today. Saw a Rosso Scuderia Stradale going the other direction in downtown Duvall. Was that Thomas_B?

There was snow on the side of the roads and slushy snow in the side streets of north Woodinville and around Maltby. Other than that, nice day for a drive.

19. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    ... well you did not say that I missed your car - embarrasing

20. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Thomas,

Next time, I'll flash my lights and honk the horn so you could see me. :)

21. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Time to get a different color 360...;-)

22. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Saw a 355B F1 travelling north bound on 4th Ave in Seattle this evening 1/26. Texas plate and maroon in color. We smiled at each other, I think he saw my SF shield on my bmw.

Dave

23. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Rosso Corsa 575M with modular wheels, shields, and tubi off Lake St. in downtown Kirkland today. It looked and sounded wicked!!

24. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Willis,
    I have been driving around in the rain in my Cadillac Eldorado. How come nobody has spotted me ? It's got chrome WHEELS and everything.
    Bob parks

25. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Bob,

Put a pair of Ferrari Scuderia fender shields on the Caddy and maybe you'll get some attention! ;)