Seattle Spotters Thread #2 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Seattle Spotters Thread #2

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Brianjonesphoto, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA

BTW, Kuzi, Andrew, Dave L. and myself, all met the owner of the 1987 328 GTS at the Alki Auto Repair, which is next to Dukes on Alki. He owns the repair shop! His name is John, nice guy.

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Just got back from Park Place. the 95 yellow 355 GTB with license plate IMOLA is still sitting there

3. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    dayyyum!!! I have yet to spot an Enzo in this area.. didn't know of anyone in Issaquah area that had one. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it with this nice weather.

4. jbrosseau

jbrosseau Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    kirkland,wa
    Full Name:
    joe brosseau
    i think it was mark whitten the ex-microsoft guy. i think he is a bellevue resident. either way it was a small thrill.

5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    You mean G.W.

6. jbrosseau

jbrosseau Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    kirkland,wa
    Full Name:
    joe brosseau
    yea, thats what i ment. m.w. is a guy i used to know in san fran. my bad.lol

7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I just drove through Alki early this evening in the Boxer and saw the 328 parked out front of the shop and I waved at a guy in shop coveralls talking to a customer out front ... he did a huge double take look back... maybe it was him.

Guess I should have stopped and said hi.

8. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Did everybody see the Red Enzo going northbound north of Marysville as we were coming back from Semiamoo?? Any guesses as to who that was??? If we can get Steve J out for a drive, we ought to be able to get that person as well!!!

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Yes, DJ mentioned in the pictures thread about meeting the owner. It was Greg W.

10. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Apparently all you guys know who Greg W. is. Can someone contact him and invite him out on onje of these boondoggles?

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #61 Spasso, Apr 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think many of us know 'of Greg' but not sure how many actually know him or could invite him. He brought a 250 GTO and a 250 LM to "Ferraris and Maseratis on 12th" last year. I believe his Enzo was in the showroom at the time.

After seeing how many people pulled in around us in the two minutes I was talking to him Saturday I would imagine it is a pain to stop it anywhere without getting mobbed. Even going down the road it probably causes accidents!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I'm sure Greg W. puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us. He would be better off with a gang of us to help him protect his car than taking drives by himself. Maybe Tino can help us out here. I'm sure Greg W. would get a kick out of our group.

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Brown colored (never seen this color before) 328GTS in a parking lot near SW Roxbury.

14. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    One of my neighbors spotted a Red 348 Spider in the parking lot of the local hardware/garden store - He was taken back watching the owner throw garden hoses into the front seat. I told him that when you now own an F-40 you can use your 348 Spider as a garden truck!

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I agree.

16. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    It's not like Greg and I hang out together on weekends, but I know him well enough to invite him. When we put together the next drive, I'll see if I can convince him.

I'll try asking Jon Shirley, too. Maybe he'd bring his 250 GTO :). He had agreed to drive his 166MM Barchetta out to my house to park it on the lawn for a club picnic a couple years ago, but then it rained.... :(

17. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Hehehe... that was ME! I take my 348 to the Do-It center because with no roof, I can carry 2x4s easily. I am NOT making this up. You should try it!

18. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Black Testarossa in Olympia going over an I-5 overpass about 6pm this evening.

[And non-Ferrari related.... I saw my first Lotus Elise. It was on I-5 about a half hour after I saw the Testarossa. I was SB on I-5 and the Lotus was NB. Lotus was red.]

19. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hahaha, this cracks me up!!!!

20. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    That would be astounding! An Enzo and a GTO! I was having flashbacks Saturday night of seeing the F40 blow by me. What a sight!

21. 899sei

899sei Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Bothell
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Yesterday, Sunday, saw a red/tan 308(maybe?) near Ballard heading up W. Dravus street around 1:15pm. Nice day for a drive!

22. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Today around 1:50PM.

A red/tan 355 Spider heading south on East Marginal Way near the 1st ave bridge.

I didn't recognize the driver.

23. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    That was probably me, I was getting gas for my 328 at the Arco. :)

Dave

24. shelbee

shelbee Guest

He is in the directory if you want to look it up. I spot him once in a while around my neighborhood.

25. shelbee

shelbee Guest

:) :) or for a dog transporter?? :)