Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #451 freshmeat, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    I think the cat’s really, really outta the bag at this point; I don’t see any top team tripping over themselves to hire Seb. They know he is overrated, lacks the speed and race raft but above all will always put the team second after himself.

Why would anyone pay a premium for someone who had #1 status, only to be demolished by rookies in their debut seasons on two separate top teams? If he was still hot commodity, Mercedes, McLaren, Redbull would all be clammering for him, yet McLaren flat out chose Danni over him, didn’t even bother speaking with his management...Mercedes chose wingman Bottas over him...Redbull isn’t open to taking him back...worst is how Ferrari flat out didn’t even want to negotiate / put a contract forward.

his goose is cooked. Now everyone wants Newey on their team even more.

william likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A strong McLaren is good for Ricci and F1. :)

william likes this.
  3. DF1

This I can see. Team harmony is trending lol post Rosberg. :)

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Guess what Vettel is listening to ...he even named one of his cars after her !

paulchua likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    This is when I lost respect for the man.

I'm relatively new to Formula 1, but has there ever been a non-strategic, intentionally conspicuous, and purposeful hit into another car?

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ahh that was classic...to join the rest

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    that crash was caused by Lewis, who accelerated then went hard on the brakes in treacherous conditions...Webber and Vettel followed, as you do, but then Hamilton decided to slam on the brakes. Can't overtake during SC period (immediately penalty), so Webber had to brake, too....but due to the enormous spray, completely unexpected time to slam on the brakes, Vettel was also unsighted and crashed into Webber.

Vettel had a penalty at first but FIA actually removed that, and was considering BANNING lewis for the next race.

Stay factual.

NicknackGTB, Senna1994 and Igor Ound like this.
  10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I'm relatively new to Formula 1, but has there ever been a non-strategic, intentionally conspicuous, and purposeful hit into another car?[/QUOTE]

Many, many, many. The late Clay Reggazzoni once pushed the Brabham of the late Carlos Pace against a wall, at a time when racing was much more dangerous than today...

Rgds

paulchua and Bas like this.
  11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    It would also be very nice to see some other team than Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull winning races!
    Since the "new engine Formula" in 2014, the pecking order has hardly changed at all.
    I'm bored about this "same players, shoot again"; too bored to watch races, actually. Same old, same old...

Rgds

JLF, DF1 and Bas like this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    That particular "incident" was accidental.

Get in car. Drive 30mph. Now do all this at the same time:

1. Turn your head to the right.
    2. Motion with your left hand to a fictitious person to your right.
    3. Keep your right hand on the steering wheel.

What happens next to your vehicle or in which direction is it headed??

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I really like Lando and Ricci so if they suddenly got involved and started challenging mercedes....I would welcome it! Someone needs to beat the mercs.

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

In that respect, McLaren's gain will be Ferrari's loss, IMO.

15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Slightly OT
    wonder why binotto agreed the frozen PU new rules perfectly knowing their PU will be the last of the field ?

16. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I guess sometimes you have to ask for favours and give favours.

But PUs are not entirely frozen.

17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I quite liked that. The only one time he didn’t spin touching another car

paulchua likes this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thank you @nerofer - in that instance though, they were racing right? Not saying you're wrong, but do you know what race it was? I would like to take a look for my own education.

Best to you.

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Vettel admitted he lost his cool and overreacted. Maybe I missed something, but at 30 mph, I could and have done all of that quite easily without hitting the car to my left.

As I said, I lost much respect for the man that day. Hamilton did not break check him since there was no brake light.
    (can't play here, but click and watch on Youtube direct)

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Post Race Interview:

Question: There was the moment you hit him (Hamilton) from the side, Lewis says "This sets a dangerous precedent not just for Formula 1 but also for kids coming up through in the sport"

Vettel: Uh, well I think Formula 1 is for grown ups, I think uh, as I said the move before was not necessary, and obviously it damaged my front wing, and it damaged his rear a little bit, so I think that was just not the right way to do it exiting the corner and accelerating then braking. I don't think there was any point in doing that.

Seems like a mea culpa to me.

21. DF1

There is a case that it could be an accident. Vettel had zero business pulling along side in my opinion. Head down and prepare for restart. Lack of emotional control on display. He was reluctant to apologize later as well I think in that case. He gets emotional and loses focus on the larger picture many times.

He also accomplished nothing by not focusing on his driving. You win by making your luck by driving smarter, and minimizing mistakes. Failing to execute that is what makes him less than he appears

william, jgonzalesm6 and paulchua like this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Even if not intentional, the driving up alongside was - that already shows a loss of cool, and if anything the shows first major cracks for Vettel.

This gives me no pleasure, I was rooting for him, but one can only have their heart broken so many times before hope turns to anger.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  23. DF1

I was a fan until that and then his absurd stupid radio screaming in Mexico. I was certain then he had emotional issues that over-whelm any tactical sense on the track.

jgonzalesm6 and paulchua like this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very well said, I wanted to like Vettel so much -- but blaming others instead of looking in the mirror is not the act of champions. When he blamed the car for the spin yesterday? C'mon.

That's why Lec out qualified you too? Ferrari gave you a Spec-B car?

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Clay Reggazoni was particularly "rough" in his youth when he raced in F2.
    He was involved in several serious "racing incidents" when driving for Tecno.
    Chris Lambert's father accused him of having provoked the accident that took his son's life.
    The case went even to court, but wasn't proven, but Lambert Senior maintained his accusations in the press.
    Reggazoni calmed down quite a bit when he reached F1.

fer312t likes this.