Sebastian Vettel | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Sebastian Vettel

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Oct 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Nah ..that's going to Daytona:eek:

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Irony does not disclose itself to everyone ;)

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  3. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    True, but he is not Ferrari material. ;)

william likes this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If my Auntie had balls, I would call her Uncle.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  5. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona

This is true. To be Ferrari material you need to build a resume elsewhere, then come in with a 5 year deal and disappoint. Alonso lost 2 titles due to circumstance. He was better than the car. Vettel has disappointed as he has caused mistakes that effectively ended his title chase. So, for Ferrari to get Max, they have to wait until he builds up his resume, then sign him. And hope he doesn't fall into the same pattern.

DF1, 375+, Sharknose and 1 other person like this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Apart from speed, Verstappen doesn't have the qualities to be WDC, IMO.

He needs to be more composed, less prone to verbal outbursts, less emotional and more goal oriented.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    635CSI, F2003-GA, crinoid and 5 others like this.
  8. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Vettel drove a great race today. Unfortunately too little too late.....he should drive like this all season to string a championship together.

9. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    He is a kid . Imagine being 21 years old and being where he is at , very tough not to let it go to your head . He is doing ok so far , time will tell if he matures

10. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Today, Max sounded the most mature that he ever has.

Joe

Robb likes this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I agree. It's really easy to judge these pros, but most of them are showing a lot of restraint that the rest of us don't deal with at least on a regular basis. Those guys have everyone telling them they're the next big thing if not already a god, women throwing themselves at them, people trying to take money from them with shady business investment opportunities, etc. My friends and I thought Tiger Woods was a saint when we heard the # of women he slept with while married. He could have easily had way way more, but was able to limit himself to "just" that number. If I was in their shoes, I would probably be out of control like a kid in a candy store and lose it all in no time.

12. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

It's a good job you don't run Red Bull Racing, you would have missed the boat by a nautical mile.

Ryan... and stavura like this.
  13. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    This. He made some mistakes this year for sure. So did the team.

I thought he handled today's post-race ceremonies like a professional, especially that b.s. question by DC.

Vettel looked completely sincere and genuine with the lengthy congratulations he gave LH.

P.Singhof, 375+, stavura and 2 others like this.
  14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And so would many other cars.

and engines

and aero

and on and on.

william likes this.
  15. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX

16. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I really don’t know why the title had to be changed on my thread.

I Just noticed this. It did not specifically give away any individual results and was started weeks ago. Vetted could have won the championship and my thread title could be referring to his sportsmanship, penalties, etc... You could just have added (spoilers) after the original title if it was a big deal.

Any mod want to explain? Any forum readers agree or disagree with this?

How is this different from the different “sucks” threads...?

Robb

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Maybe, but he is the kid Red Bull chose to be its Number One driver for next year at least.
    Too much responsability on Young shoulders, I think, to mount a serious challenge for the title.
    Max can shine from time to time, but not constantly.

18. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Ferrari supports Vettel despite title loss says Arrivabene

OCTOBER 29, 2018

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Sebastian Vettel, Mexican GP 2018
    © RV Press

Ferrari is still "together" even amid waves of rumours and Sebastian Vettel's failure to win the drivers' world championship.

That is the claim of team boss Maurizio Arrivabene, after Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton wrapped up his fifth crown in Mexico.

"It's a horrible moment," German Vettel admitted amid Hamilton's title celebrations.

Both Vettel and Arrivabene warmly congratulated Hamilton, but the message was clear: amid rumours of internal problems at Ferrari, the Maranello team remains together.

"We do not give up," Italian Arrivabene told Sky Italia.

"The constructors' championship is still open, we have taken more points in that and do not give up until the end."

As for Vettel's disappointment, Arrivabene suggested that while the German has been criticised for mistakes in the second half of the season, Ferrari still supports him.

"You have to be close to him in down moments like this, we do not leave him alone," he said.

"We must be strong and throw everything behind him, go forward and do not give up. We have proved we are together even if the others are saying otherwise. So let's keep going," Arrivabene said.

As for Mercedes, Arrivabene sounded reluctant to talk much about the German team.

"I do not talk about the others. We closed on them in the last two races, then I leave the judgement to you," he said.

"Congratulations to Hamilton, but now let's play for the constructors. It will be difficult but we will not give up."

stavura likes this.
  19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sounds like Vettel is the new Massa after the spring accident.

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    They correct of course to back up Vettel ,for the sake of morale etc etc,however you cannot hide from the fact that this is single seater racing with just the one driver on board,therefore you just have one bloke turning the wheel etc ..Lewis drove well generally in 2018 however Vettel made it too easy for him by making so many mistakes and basically handed the WDC to Lewis on a plate.

Yes we are all human and make mistakes all the time but at this level of racing getting paid big A$$ bucks to perform ,it is not really acceptable.Yeh the team didn't help much at times but the buck stops with the driver..nowhere to hide.

DF1 likes this.
  21. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    More Mercedes dirty tricks revealed. This photo was taken just after Jeff Gordon (Mercedes Pit Guest) had been talking with Seb. Prior to this "random" encounter, numerous witnesses confirm Vettel's sunglasses were on straight.

22. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I do wonder about the spins following contact. Some seasons, Ferrari has produced cars that are notoriously difficult to drive in comparison to the competition, so the spins on mild contact make me wonder if the Ferrari is more on a knife edge than the Mercedes or Red Bull.

All the best,
    Andrew.

Phil~ likes this.
  23. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    He has come a long way in my opinion in his short time in F1 , he certainly has the talent . My guess is that he will be WDC in the future, how soon is directly related to his mindset, as Red Bull seem to be getting their act together.

24. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    You know, like someone who has matured.

Just wait until he is 27-yo.

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    He's got a big chance if he changes his approach to avoid some of the mistakes he made

635CSI likes this.