News

SEC Championship Game Tickets

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by WAR EGL, Nov 10, 2004.

1. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Howdy,
    I'm looking for tickets to the Auburn vs. Georgia or Tennessee SEC Championship game in the Georgia Dome on 12/4. Looking for four tickets if anyone has any available.

Thanks.
    Troy

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    good luck, i got taken to the cleaners for a few this past Sat. to the AU/ GA game...have you tried EBAY?

4. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Tom,
    I've checked a lot of places including eBay, and everybody wants way too much for the tickets. I'm hoping to find someone willing to part with their ticket for a price much closer to face value (probably a tad niave on my part to assume that someone would do that, but I can always hope). If I can get a ticket near face I'll do it, otherwise I'm going to save the cash in hopes of acquiring an Orange Bowl ticket (assuming we somehow make it there). Since I don't have any contacts that have access to any Orange bowl tickets, I may have to pony up the $500/seat that brokers are asking.

I could get on my soapbox about how they sell the championship game tickets and how Auburn chooses to sell off its alotment, but I will refrain as it will just get me more irritated about the whole thing. Suffice it to say that I'm not pleased that I was giving donations when the team was on probation and couldn't give tickets away (and I personally ate a ton of season tickets that I couldn't even give away), and now I have to pay 5x face value for a championship game ticket. Needless to say it irritates me just a bit.

Are you an Auburn or Georgia fan?

Troy

5. Inert

Inert Karting

Nov 8, 2004
    BHM,Castro Valley
    Full Name:
    Inert
    Lucky guy!!! Go online and check the Atlanta Journal Constituion classifieds. My only being an Auburn fan since conception i must shout "Warrrr Eagleeeee!" New kids here so i don't stand a chance of going. Good Luck!!

6. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I"m for Auburn...found 3 tickets last night from a gal at work who is in the TN Atlanta Alumni Club...I guess I"ll have to keep my cheering down a tad...

Try, the atlantaauburnclub.com and go to the message board...might turn up something there.

good luck..War Eagle.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Ended up getting a ticket only to become violently ill Friday night. Fortunately it happened before my flight to Atlanta, so I wasn't sick in a hotel room all weekend. Ended up well enough to watch the game on TV, friends were able sell the ticket just before game time for half what I paid for it. Not exactly the weekend I hoped for, but we're 12-0! The system may have screwed us, but unless we beat Va Tech, we still don't have an argument.