Seeking advice for September trip to Munich | FerrariChat

Seeking advice for September trip to Munich

Discussion in 'Travel' started by 67bmer, May 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I have two work events planned for September 13 and 18-20 in Munich, Germany. I plan to arrive on September 7.

I am seeking advice on things to do, places to go.
    I have been to BMW and Porsche museums and all the Ludwig castles several times, etc.

I would like to go to the Michael Schumacher private collection, but it's over a 5-hour drive, each way. I could hit the Nurburgring, but that adds hours. I don't want to spend all my time driving!

I hope to get back to Italy to see the Enzo museum, equal distance south.

2. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Try to stretch that second visit to September 22...Oktoberfest begins on September 21st!

Alan
    N.J.

3. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Berchtesgaden isn't too far away and the area is quite interesting. Garmisch-Partenkirchen is absolutely lovely as well. There's a lovely lake called the Eibsee at the base of the Zugspitze outside of Garmisch which is definitely worth a walk-about. If you go early in the morning, there's a good chance it will be dead-calm and the lake surface is like a mirror. If you're into Christmas-y stuff, Oberammergau is just up the road from there and is quite quaint.

I haven't been there, but I've heard that Salzburg is amazing and its not much further than Berchtesgaden is.

4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    A must go in Munich is the Deutsches Museum.