Buy

Sell on justRED - the only Ferrari exclusive marketplace

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Booker, Jul 15, 2021.

1. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like it, Keep up the good work!

rob lay and XLNLIFE like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Southeast
    #27 WillskiGT, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Is there any way to force sellers (especially dealers) to accurately represent their cars?

So many listings have "F1 & Manual" ticked, making it impossible to search for actual manual transmission vehicles. The option should be binary - cars either have an F1 box or a manual box, it is not possible to have both.

There's even a California marked as "Manual and F1" when it is a DCT!

TJsBeer and Oengus like this.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have found that with every classified site for Ferrari, called F1 Manuals and they count it as a manual. I don't trust any site for that, simple enough go to about the 10th picture where they start interior shots. :)

MRF40@yahoo.com likes this.
  5. Booker

Booker Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Moderator Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker

I gave them the documentation to sort this properly. I will follow up with them

WillskiGT and rubenpadron like this.
  6. iMrMark

iMrMark Rookie

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is this meant to take the classifieds from the forums, and then add autotempest (with Ferrari filler) on top? Not a criticism just asking if that’s meant to be the kind of premise you’re going for.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Southeast
    Yes, it's immensely annoying when you ping someone selling a 'manual' and they say "Well the F1 gearbox IS technically a sequential manual".

Here, you've actually even made the distinction between calling it 'auto' vs. 'manual' and given the listing the option to have 'F1' and 'manual' and people have still managed to mess it up.

The whole point of having search filters is be able to quickly hone in on what you want in a car, be it color, gearbox, etc. Imagine wanting a blue car and the primary listing photo and next 10 shots are of the interior, so you have to click into every listing to find out what color the cars are. It doesn't make sense. I'll get off my soapbox now, but if you really want it to be the best place to buy and sell Ferraris, getting the gearbox filter right is actually fairly important.

mcavinder and rob lay like this.
  9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it is complicated. ;) JustRED isn’t a 100% FerrariChat effort. It is a 100% effort by our parent company Motorsport and we are equity partners. We had been developing our own enhanced classifieds until this came along. I love the software and for buyers and sellers like the potential for more involvement on both sides. As managing partner of FerrariChat I of course need to monitor that we’re not losing traffic, subscriber demand, or sponsor demand at FerrariChat. The optimistic outlook is that JustRED with involvement by Canossa, Cavallino, DuPont etc will have an ecosystem larger than just FerrariChat classifieds.

rubenpadron, iMrMark and Art138 like this.
  10. USMCS6

USMCS6 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2018
    Arlington VA and Daytona Fl
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    it would be nice if there was a way to vet the listing someway. i get tired of calling and being told it was sold in June. They need to at least be up front at listing.

rubenpadron and iMrMark like this.
  11. iMrMark

iMrMark Rookie

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sounds like there’s a number of folks who have put thought and time into it! Thanks for the detail and I’m looking forward to see how it all turns out. Keep the continual improvement alive :)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I like it in fact I found my latest purchase on this site …I have no doubt that i would not have found the car without Just RED ..keep it up

14. JTSE30

JTSE30 Formula 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    How about a listing option for

Has Clutch Pedal

that should clear things up nicely!

15. Booker

Booker Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Moderator Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    This is a good idea, however the dev team has still not implemented the correct filter aliases I gave them. I already translated all the Ferrari lingo into either manual or automatic, they just need to plug it in correctly. I will reach out again

rubenpadron likes this.
  16. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    If you’re creating a Ferrari-specific site, why use “manual” and “F1” as opposed to saying “Gated Shifter” and “Paddle Shifter (F1)”?

megamarco9 and rob lay like this.