Sold - Selling a Unicorn Spec 458 Speciale | FerrariChat

Sold Selling a Unicorn Spec 458 Speciale

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by sartorialdario, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sartorialdario

Mar 3, 2020
    Good Morning Gentlemen -

It is with great pleasure that I am offering my very unique 2015 458 Speciale for sale. This car is immaculate, impeccably maintained and amongst the most menacing Speciales ever spec'd. Mileage as of today reads 3,491 and condition is immaculate without a single blemish or flaw.

The Spec
    The car is Grigio Silverstone with a Nero Daytona roof (factory two-tone option was $11,811) - perhaps most uniquely it features both a stripe and badge "delete", which further differentiate it from the other cars on the market. The interior features sumptuous leather and carbon fibre (virtually every option available), contrast yellow stitching to match the break calipers and nearly $20,000 of other options. The car also features a clear bra on the front, sides and side mirrors, installed by Touch of Glass.

The Provenance
    I am the third owner and have impeccably maintained every maintenance document, service history, original window sticker, booklets, trickle charger and cover. I keep the car at my Florida home enclosed in a garage and under its cover. The title and carfax are clean, and the car is like new, having been owned exclusively by esteemed Ferrari collectors.

The Price
    I am asking $469,000 and open to trade up to either a Speciale Aperta or F12 TDF. For a trade, the cars must preferably be: Blu Pozzi, Blu Nart, Grigio Scuro, Grigio Silverstone or Grigio Ferro.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Potenza430, vraa, Boots and 6 others like this.
  2. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What size are the seats please? Also, do you have a copy of the original window sticker?

Regards

Mike

3. sartorialdario

Mar 3, 2020
    Thank you for your inquiry. The seats are the standard size Carbon Fibre racing seats; they are adjustable under the seat. The original window sticker is attached.

Attached Files:

4. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you for such a prompt response.

Not to be argumentative or pedantic, but there is no 'standard size'- those seats come in S,M, or L- can you tell me which size they are please?

Mike

LVMCars and Lagunascorpio like this.
  5. sartorialdario

Mar 3, 2020
    Thank you for your follow up email. I believe the size of the seats is Medium but will double check.

6. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There will be a sticker on the back or underside which will say 'TAGLIA x'- a pic of that would be great. Thanks.

Regards

Mike

7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Wow. A speciale without shields. You don't see that too often

NYC Fred, rampante550 and 375+ like this.
  8. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Unique spec for sure, good luck with the sale.

9. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Gorgeous car! This is destined for Adamas (Mike) - silverstone, no shields....

GLWS.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    wow! a stunner!

11. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    This is my old car. . GLWS

Tech Nerd and vraa like this.
  12. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do you happen to know what size the seats are?

Mike

13. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    I am sorry, i do not, i'm 6ft and an out of shape 200lbs and was very comfortable

LVMCars, efg2014 and sartorialdario like this.
  14. sartorialdario

Mar 3, 2020
    Then you have impeccable taste. I absolutely love the car and am only listing it for sale as I've been offered a very unique (and similar) Aperta. I do not want both an Speciale Aperta and Speciale Coupe in this market, so if I get the right price for my car I will simply "trade up" as noted. If I do not, then I will happily own this car for years to come.

nicholasn and NuorderSG like this.
  15. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    Did you recently purchase this from Lambo Connecticut? If so, I saw it there and it’s gorgeous!

sartorialdario likes this.
  16. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

So than we can at least rule out 'small'.

:D:D:D

Thanks for the response.

Mike

Jakuzzi and darth550 like this.
  17. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    This car was offered to me a couple months ago but it was located in long island.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  18. FLGT

FLGT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2008
    Any seat size update?

19. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    The US market seats are always Large by default.

20. S-T48

S-T48 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Very true and this applies to the standard 458 too.

FLGT likes this.
  21. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I have a 458 with similar seats..... Large. But they are not "large" by US standard ..probably large by European stds.

I would say the seats are very comfortable. I weigh 170 lb and they feel perfect. My brother is 230 lbs and he is comfy in them as well. So, these seats can accommodate a range of sizes up/ down comfortably...unless someone is very small...like 5 feet 95 lbs or something like that.

For a bigger person, height clearance is more of an issue, but these seats can be set to very low on the floor if needed. So these are probably a better choice than standard Daytona seats. For a shorter person, the seats can be adjusted Up quite a bit. IMHO, these seats are prob one of the best options someone can choose.

Great car & color choice BTW. GLWS

020147 and Wikdstrate like this.
  22. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I know Mike is familiar with the seats and sizing from his other cars.

If the car is serviced by the dealer (any dealer) they can pull the MODIS sheet and it will state the size.

As mentioned this is a no brainer for Mike.

Or of course the sticker as mentioned.

Compliments on the original spec (ACSATCO).

GLWS.

23. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I already sent VIN to my salesman at Algar to pull MODIS.

It may be right up my alley. The no gray, stripes/no shields is right up my alley, but the painted black roof may be a deal-breaker for me- I've never really been a fan of that, so I have to see more pics. This ad did however prompt me to spend over an hour(!!) on the Speciale picture thread :)oops::oops:) and actually saw a number of them on there sans shields and stripes- far more than I expected to see. Someone specced one without the shields and stripes in GT and it looks sensational.

Mike

ScottS, GuyIncognito and Thecadster like this.
  24. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Mike... Not that you are asking my opinion...

But...

The black roof makes it! It makes a very special car. I think it helps set it apart and best of all it was done at the factory.

The black roof is a nice subtle touch and I think it goes perfectly with the way the rest of the car was spec'd!

Get it! Get it! Get it! Get it!

(This is why I am the world's worst car salesman... Encouraging others to buy other people's cars. Lol but who cares!)

25. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You'd think it would fit in nicely with the rest of mine (458S sold and being replaced in @ 6 weeks by an incoming F8S, specced exactly the same as the 458), but I'm not sure I can get past the black roof- I need better/more pics. I do not like the black roof when I've seen them on red and white cars, but would need to see this mire to see if it's a deal-breaker or not. A quick trip through the 'Speciale Pictures' thread shows that there are a lot more no stripes/no shields than one would've thought.

Mike

Image Unavailable, Please Login

sartorialdario likes this.