Taken Off Market - Selling my 308 GTSI Ferrari, 1983 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market Selling my 308 GTSI Ferrari, 1983

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by grc, Apr 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. grc

grc Rookie

Aug 17, 2004
    New Jersey
    just heard from the shop... she's ready. Major completed, new brake pads, even the AC works now! Can't wait to pick her up. Shop owner calls the color "Cappuccino" . Great guy. Does his work the old fashion way - treats the car like it's his. Your work is your signature.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  2. grc

grc Rookie

Aug 17, 2004
    New Jersey
    grand total for all work done was under $7000.00, which I was very reasonable in my opinion.

ForzaV12 and Chupacabra like this.
  3. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Happy for you to have discovered a reasonable and quality source so fast.

Glad to hear there exists a gentleman in the service industry!

It being 2022, Soon someone will no doubt buy his business and inflate the pricing while retarding the quality. Savor this good day!;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  4. jack.lawrence.williams

Sep 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Jack Williams
    Looks amazing. Was my dream car growing up. Considering it's in South Jersey, any rust issues?

5. grc

grc Rookie

Aug 17, 2004
    New Jersey
    no rust issues at all. always garage kept and washed/cleaned regularly. mechanic checked all underside of the car and found no issues. she looks amazing for an all original 39 year old 308.

6. Octonion

Octonion Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2020
    USA
    Good to know that it is still around the guideline values published officially by Ferrari

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jjmalez likes this.
  7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    nice ride!

8. grc

grc Rookie

Aug 17, 2004
    New Jersey
    Thank you! I love the unusual color. Running great. I agree on comment about cost of major cited in your post - far better than the $16,500 I was quoted by a local Ferrari dealer up here.

9. grc

grc Rookie

Aug 17, 2004
    New Jersey
    Well, it's been a few weeks since major was completed, and my 308 is running great. So, I am taking it off the market and will enjoy ocean side drives with the targa off for the rest of the Fall and next Spring. Thanks for all the views and comments. Have a safe winter.

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Service on these cars is important. Too many don't get serviced or get the least service.

Enjoy it!