Selling my Bburago collection.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Selling my Bburago collection....

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by navygakman, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    >>>Wil ship to United States only
    >>>I learned the hard way though shipping something to Indonesia a couple years back

And of course "The rest of the world" equals "Indonesia" and knowing that Indonesia is notorious for it credit card frauds you can draw the conclusion that when you ONLY ship within the US, you'll be safe?

LOL!

Welcome to the real world!

Jack

2. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    Yes, it was a couple of years ago I sold a used MSD unit through eBay to a "Carlotta Wilson" (very American, eh?). I was a neophyte at eBay then and I had never heard of the Indonesians. Anyway, she won the item and paid immediately thru BillPoint (eBay's old pay system) with a CC. And right after I received a "confirmed paid" from BillPoint, she asked if I would ship the item directly to her nephew in Indonesia, and would pay extra for "express mail". I did and send her the confirmation. The next day BillPoint emailed me and told me that the CC was stolen.

It was not a lot of money but getting conned ready pissed me off.

A while later my brother was selling his $4k video camera on Craig's List and he was courted by "an Indonesian". So I told him my story and told him to "play" with the guy. Sure enough that turned out to be someone trying to get it for nothing also....

3. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    In all our years of online business, we have yet to receive the first legit order from Indonesia, only frauds so far and never modest orders.....

But.... what I was trying to get to is that "Will ship to US only" really ****** me off as you put me in the same category as the Indonesian frauds and when everybody would think so simply and nationalist you wouldn't even HAVE those models... let alone enjoy "Ferrari" and believe me, there are as many crooks in the US as in Germany, Netherlands Belgium etc.

It is to simple for words:

ITALIAN models of ITALIAN cars, bought in ITALY and you only ship to the US... it's almost a joke and I truely feel offened (and I don't even have the intention to buy them).

Jack