Sf90 resale prices?! | FerrariChat

Sf90 resale prices?!

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by PrancingHorseBro, Jul 24, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PrancingHorseBro

Dec 8, 2022
    USA
    The prices have dropped a good amount in the stradale, the spiders still not seeing many on market but the prices are down as well. Do you think the prices are going to continuously go lower and hold value? Especially with the new XX coming out, what is the road map looking like for the Sf90 stradale and spiders?

2. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Presuming more SF90s will be traded in as the SF90 Spiders arrive should put more downward pressure on SF90 prices going forward.

3. PrancingHorseBro

Dec 8, 2022
    USA
    People who thought they would be worth something 10 years down the road or even longer are probably going to lose. I don’t see this as a classic or collectible. IMO

Prannay and 3POINT8 like this.
  4. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    Price will go down when big battery will break down after warranty time period ....

Prannay, roma1280, Dewinator and 5 others like this.
  5. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Won’t be the case, the original factory warranty can go to 7 years now, battery cost is nothing like the LaF 918 or P1 costs, battery costs will get cheaper over next 7 years.. nothing burger story in 2028/2029

6. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Warranty is not 7 years. That’s only for annual maintenance that’s covered for 7 years. Warranty runs out after year 3.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ForeverNA, Prannay, D11 and 4 others like this.
  7. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    I don’t know you and I don’t want to call people out but you are not updated, to be diplomatic. Since 2022 you can extend the 4yr UK Factory Warranty for 2 more years, Years 5 & 6 at £8,200 and Year 7 at £5,100. Only rule you must sign up before the expiry of the original 4 YR Original Warranty. All 7 years are FACTORY WARRANTY not Power or Power 15!! 7 Yr FACTORY WARRANTY & 7 Yr Maintenance together. You need to update at your dealer, as I would be amazed if this service is only available to UK customers.

8. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    vraa and Lukeylikey like this.
  9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #9 Lukeylikey, Jul 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
    The market is very soft for almost all cars. SF90 has the classic hallmarks of a car that is soft early in its life but gets appreciated later on;

- fairly low volume
    - drives brilliantly but misunderstood by initial press
    - lots of youtube channels using the car with millions of followers (Shmee, Dragtimes etc)
    - SF90 is considered by Ferrari as a halo production model and has road presence to match
    - early criticism that the car is too high-tech will be seen differently in 5 years (similar to 458 for example)

I think there will come a point where these cars make a great buy and will appreciate. We may be already at it depending on what happens with the market in the short term. I’m talking from UK perspective.

There are currently about 325 coupes and 85 spiders taxed in the UK (something like that). That is very low volume. There are well over twice the amount of Aventador, maybe 3x.

10. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Agree with a lot of that, but on the numbers, are you using How Many Left as research, because your Coupe numbers seem high at 325. Based on How Many Left UK, 84 SF90 Assetto Fiorano Coupe, 104 SF90 Coupe at the end of 2022, and Spiders combined of 82 at end of 2022. 2023 not many Coupe came through so don’t see much being added there. Do you have 2023 Q1 & Q2 of How Many Left or are using another UK registered site? I believe the How Many Left is not exact science but a 10 to 15% contingency still would be not showing Combined Coupe’s of 325, maybe you meant 235..would like to know

11. Can84

Can84 Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    What if tell you successor of SF90 will be the first EV Ferrari, just saying…

12. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Give it a few years and these stupid electric cars will be hard to give away. Just like the Plaid and electric bicycles, it's a gimmick and boring. The majority of real car guys are laughing at you electric car people.

Llenroc, JTSE30, Shorn355 and 2 others like this.
  13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #13 Lukeylikey, Jul 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
    Yes, you’re right, I looked it up in a rush. The figures on Howmanyleft are, as at end 2022

208 coupe and 82 Spider.

So probably more Spider now. The extra numbers are SORN’d cars (registered not taxed).

Interesting that 60% are the standard car.

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    A bit hard to consider myself not a real car guy when I look in my garage and see a 1973 911 E, an 89 Turbo and a 95 512M. I wonder if you know that the first car Ferry Porsche designed was in fact electric? If you love the engineering behind automobiles, you tend to have a more open mind about different forms of motive power. Not saying that electric cars (which the SF90 is not by the way) are better but just that they have their place. I also think the Rimac Nevera will be a car with a valued place in automotive history too. 2,000hp, however it’s delivered, is very attention grabbing when you’re behind the wheel.

If hybrid is your definition of ‘electric’, few people who really know what they’re talking about laugh at a LaF (see what I did there :) ). It is one of the most beautiful vehicles and stunningly brilliant to drive. If you’re still laughing good luck to you!

gqa, gzachary, ferrefeh and 7 others like this.
  15. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Still laughing. Electric cars are a joke.

Pastaboy1980, Llenroc and JTSE30 like this.
  16. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Yes absolutely you can extend the factory warranty by paying for it but doesn’t come with the car originally. Thanks for sharing the brochure. The 4 year original factory warranty might be a UK thing here in US we get 3 years. I’ll make sure to get updated at my dealer ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Lcawley and vraa like this.
  17. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Yeah sure, the last and most powerful V8 Ferrari will be worth nothing in no time. Right.

Fortis likes this.
  18. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Not necessarily eloquent- But in principle spot-on-

I've never heard of a "Bricked" 458/488/F8/599/F12/812 -
    :cool:

ryalex, Llenroc and JTSE30 like this.
  19. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Lots of trolls around here these days. Hard for them to argue with you!

Lukeylikey, JJ77 and Fortis like this.
  20. Pastaboy1980

Pastaboy1980 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2023
    Rolling Hills
    Full Name:
    Fra
    Sf 90 great car, i have an F8 looking to buy an Sf90 or 296. All great cars whats the point of driving a slow na engine do not get it. So much negativity

JSwan724 and Qdog458 like this.
  21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I have several friends who went to Tesla and came back to ICE. Usually because of interior build quality or range issues to CA or UT (no one wants to wait 30-120 minutes to charge in Baker or Barstow when it's 115ºF). One of my best friends just turned his S Plaid lease in and hasn't gotten another one - he loves Tesla and the torque is incredible but even at delivery the interior was flimsy and ever so slightly misaligned when you looked closely. Not cool at $140k+.

Caeruleus11, Shorn355 and Eric C like this.
  22. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I hear you. Yeah, my best friend had a Plaid. It was fun but very short lived and missed out on everything a sports car should have. He traded it in for a C7 Z06.

Shorn355 and ryalex like this.
  23. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    A model S is not a sports car, its not supposed to be a sports car. You can tell cause its got 4 doors, a massive trunk, and weighs almost 5000lbs. If he was expecting anything at all like a Z06 its no wonder he was disappointed.

24. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    A car that runs 8.70's isn't meant to be a sports car? Get outta here with that nonsense.

25. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Good trade- And now he can wear solid color clothes again and actually feel/hear his car :eek::oops::D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex and Eric C like this.