SF90 Stradale Spider | Page 16 | FerrariChat

SF90 Stradale Spider

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I'm told June/July for my spider and the order went in just this past week. The first deliveries for the guys who ordered earlier are expected in Jan-Feb 2022.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Interesting. My order is going in this coming week and I'm told I won't see the car until early '23 which seems a little crazy. Maybe other dealers have earlier allocations or availability. Kinda annoying to wait that long!

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What's the deposit required for a spider allocation?

4. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Adamas, Nicolas21 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Have four cars coming. The deposit for my US dealer is 15k. Each.

Assumed it was the same but if the spec is an outlier, more.

ScottS

ryalex likes this.
  7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Four SF90 spiders?

Thecadster likes this.
  8. SF1000

SF1000 Rookie

Aug 2, 2021
    Melbourne, Australia
  9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    No. Sorry.

F8 spider SF90 spider
    TM812 GTS

Like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryalex and 456-boy like this.
  10. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Interesting. It must be dealer to dealer because my F8 spider and 812 GTS deposits were $10k (as was the ask for the 296 which I passed on) and the sf90 spider was $50.

ryalex and of2worlds like this.
  11. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I drove an AF SF90 Spider today. The AF is much firmer sprung and less comfortable on rougher roads than my standard coupe next to it. If the AF is best suited to the track, does it make sense in a Spider?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. waynelawson

waynelawson Rookie

Nov 20, 2016
    UK
    No it does not make sense to me…if you think you are buying a track toy don’t get a spider. If your buying a road based car get road based shocks.

the weight saving on af makes no sense either after you pile on loads of weight buying a spider with motors all over the place adding weight..

to my mind makes no sense on a spider. Now a track based stradale .. that makes sense with af. But then again for a serious track weapon is 500k on a sf90 best use of money… buy a challenge car maybe…

13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    SF90 is too fast and heavy to be a track toy regardless. People don’t realize, carrying extreme speed into a braking zone is NOT FUN.

At my track we have the race cars and the exotic cars. The race cars take the race car line and the exotic cars take the exotic car line around the track. The race car line is chasing lap times. The exotic car line is floor it down the straights, early on the brakes and then relatively easy through the corners lol. The dedicated 300 hp 3 series race car with aero and slicks is crazy quick around the track relative to the exotics and it’s hitting 40 mph less of a top speed.

Maybe 10 times TOTAL will it be worth seeing how late you can get on your brakes in your exotic. Getting into that ABS. Just to know what your car has. You’ll be surprised how late you can brake and still stop (although the SF is a heavy girl). But that’s too hard on the carbons to do 80 laps a month and replacing those suckers is $$$$$.

JAM1 and TheMayor like this.
  14. EyeMac

EyeMac Rookie

Sep 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damien Macaluso
    The feedback regarding the AF suspension is very helpful. I had decided that I wanted the AF on my spider, mostly for the looks and resale. I have a '19 GT3RS with full Dundon power package and my wife hates to ride in it because of the very stiff track suspension (it's pretty much a dedicated track car anyway)

I wish there was a way to drive both of these so I could feel the difference. Since I'm buying it for me and I only plan to track it maybe 1-2 times/yr, it probably makes sense to go without AF and just enjoy the smooth top down drives in the spider.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    I, too, ordered my spider with AF, exclusively for the aesthetics. No intention of racing the car…even against the 16 year old in dad’s Plaid who wants to be insta famous beating an SF90 at the stoplight near Dunkin Donuts…

I prefer my fun cars stiff…like my cocktails:)

16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I recently was able to spend a day driving an SF90 Stradale in a spirited manner on road. It was not the AF car. I found it very comfortable no matter the mode, I would say even in race mode its comfortable. I never needed to bother with the lifter. I did notice over repeating undulations that even in race mode, the suspension can be just a little bit caught out. So my opinion is if you are a keen driver who likes to really press on during a spirited drive, the AF pack is likely worth considering. Friends who have it tell me it is almost never caught out and the ride is a little more firm than race mode in the normal suspension. If, on the other hand, you don't really care about such things, then I would think the standard suspension is a great choice and you do get the option of bumpy road mode and lifter. By the way, I was tremendously impressed with the car. They managed to make it fun to drive and the engine is still the star. If no one told you it was a hybrid and they didn't have the fancy graphics, you'd think its just a really powerful turbo ICE- but with super sharp throttle response. I drove my Pista after the SF90 and while it feels a bit more planted, the throttle felt a little mushy by comparison.

stavura, F2003-GA, SF1000 and 4 others like this.
  17. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I much prefer the AF suspension over standard, the car feels more purposeful and stits better on the road IMO, I drove both on street and track, for me hands down AF.

18. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    In my opinion, Ferrari has progressively softened its "track" cars with each new model after the 360 Challenge Stradale. I'm going with AF, even though I don't plan on many track outings, if any.

SF1000, Ltfor3 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I wonder what the actual weight of the Spider will be. Certainly it sneaks up 4000 pounds, right?

20. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Would go as far as say you are wasting your money buying the Standard car.. If you don’t get the AF pack you are not understanding this car..forget about bumpy road mode & suspension lifter, not needed, as I’ve written about in other posts. FIO 2 option transforms this car..

Glenn Quagmire and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Disagree as it really depends what you want the car for, where you will drive it, and most importantly what else is in the garage.