Shall I buy a 348 or a Aston Martin vantage 2005? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Shall I buy a 348 or a Aston Martin vantage 2005?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by David_98, May 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Best of luck to you.

2. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I don't know how it would fit within your budget, but seeing that you are considering both a GT and a Sports car, have you looked into a Testarossa?

I bring this up for a few reasons.

1. As a drivers car, it is miles better than the 348. It is more of a GT, but it is a better driving car overall.

2. The 348 is an odd one, and there is some method to the madness of why it is not very popular. It was not Ferraris finest hour, and it is something you can feel. Like someone said above, the 348 is something you get because only the 348 will do and you love the 348. For this reason alone I would NEVER suggest it as the first Ferrari to anyone as the chances of utter disapointment is too great. People think all Ferraris are brilliant, but the truth is, they aren't.

3. From what I can tell, the Testarossa or a 512TR is the more reliable car, and from a basic maintenance standpoint, they are quite equal. Both will require engine out service, tyres are about the same, they both have fairly cheap brakes etc.

4. I echo the notion of not looking at it as,an investment, but both should not depreciate much if anything. The Testa may in fact climb a bit. But the running costs will quickly offset that. I'm not talking repairs here. I'm talking insurance and fuel. It's a thirsty bugger. So from the standpoint of getting your first Ferrari, take a step back and take a second look. There may be options which are better from a financial standpoint.

As forvthe Aston? Just don't. I'm a big Aston guy, but that generation of Vantage was notca good car. The gearbox was clunky and odd, the steering is numb and heavy, and the interior quality was shoddy at best. It will depreciate with the mileage and the running costs will be high. Np thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    He said close to Italy so that would be Luxembourg. Never heard that Malta should have a thriving exotic car scene.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep Lux ..2 years later wonder if dude bought anything. guess not.

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Uh...last activity on this forum was over a year ago. Wouldn't hold my breath on a response.

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ah, so he bought an Aston:D

paulchua and JM280z like this.
  8. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003