Shell Historic Challenge Swan Song | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Shell Historic Challenge Swan Song

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Jan, Nov 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    what about 250 GTO, any Classiche certification?

i went also to the FM in valencia, believe me it was full of FXX and F1 Clienti....

2. ted walker

ted walker Karting

Feb 7, 2009
    gloucestershire UK
    Full Name:
    edward walker
    The new series caters for ALL Italian Competition cars, I think up to the mid 70s. Iknow that 512s qualify.Its being organised by Flavien Marcais with his wife Vanessa. They already run a very sucessfull pre 65 series for GT cars. I can get a list of qualifying cars if its of interest ?????

3. Michele

Michele Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    The Hague, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel Mulder
    please do...

4. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer

so true Wolfi!

5. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    100% agreed Matthias

i remember our talk at Brno 2009 about the possible end of the SFHC. So sad is has come true now.
    it seemed to be big fun AND a real good deal for the competitors.
    and it was the only reason for people like me to join the Ferrari Racing Days!

the SFHC will be missed!

6. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    i think i will start a "Best moments of Historic Challenge" picture thread in the showroom section!

7. Wolf

Wolf Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    [although not real races I missed you in the TA 06,07 and 08 and the MM

Iust for the record: I did the TourAuto 2008 with my friend Matthias` FIAT 124 Abarth Sport Spider Group IV. And I did the MM in 2009 (I have taken part now 11 times with 8 different cars).

Regards

Wolfi

8. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    It will certainly be interesting to see how this develops. If they require my 330GTC to be certified, I'm not sure what I'll do. So far there is no mention of it. But the storm is brewing, there's no mistaken.

Onno

9. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    In my mind it should be no mistake to let your 330 GTC certify by Ferrari Classiche. Small investment which raises the value of the car.

10. Tom Roland

Tom Roland Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    Good nexs. Ciao Ferrari. Viva Vanessa and Flavien !

11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That would surprise me. A lot. I don't see these organizers being intimidated by Classiche. I don't know what incentives Ferrari could provide, or what leverage they would have over the organizers, who appear to have a strong sense of loyalty to their participants, as well as a healthy streak of independence.

Jack.

12. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
  13. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Jim,
    so if I read you correctly, this is the watch used in the movie LeMans? Please divulge the story behind it and how you acquired it.

George

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Bought it last weekend at Bonhams Auction of Steve McQueen memorabilia and Motorcycles.

15. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  16. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Link seems to be dead tonight?

17. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I was told at the weekend that there is one price for cars valued under $1 million and another for those over it.

Jonathan

18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    SEVERAL others!
    And WHO "values" the cars?

Marcel Massini

19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It seems all the boats don't rise evenly on the tide...
    CH

20. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Seems to me a slippery slope indeed. A car that was worth €1m in 2008 could now be worth less. Does owner A in 2008 pay more than owner B in 2009 for the same type of car? And as Marcel rightly says - who determines in which category the car falls? Certainly not an independent person.

As for Herr Spielmann's comment: "a small investment which raises the value of the car", I think that is highly debatable. Firstly - I do not think my GTC would be worth more with certification. It already is a prime specimen and I would not sell it for less than top dollar. The certification does not allow me to just raise that ceiling. Secondly, whether the certification is worth extra at all (in general) is not proven. Thirdly, the "small investment" is to my mind not known or absolute and not necessarily small at all.

Please note that I'm not against certification, and I will seriously consider it if required or even desired, but it is not a trivial matter and I think it is right to not wave it away as such.

Onno

21. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I concur fully that value-based pricing is disgraceful. Yet another money grab. Sadly, it's tactics like these that completely turn me away from Ferrari. It's bad enough that they feel comfortable charging you and arm and a leg for the work they actually do perform (need a rare part? Bend WAY over!). But, THIS is flat out insulting. The landscape is pockmarked with potential nightmares if this is the case.

CW

22. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Jim,
    that is great. Though, sometimes, things in this hobby get a little skewed, acrimonious, etc., it is something like this that gives me that excited, "hey, let me see that" feeling again. I think I'm going to put a ball of string and a jack knife in my pocket for the weekend.

George

23. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Still seems to be working OK.

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    We all do need to smile a bit more.

Best!

25. arthobald

arthobald F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Besancon 25
    Full Name:
    Nicolas JEANNIER
    gosh, I missed F40 LM on the track this year, thinking I would have time to see them in action in 2010 and now it seems they will be banned from the new challenge. I hope they will be allowed to run during Ferrari Days anyway or it will be a shame for me.