Shipping Agent in Netherlands | FerrariChat

Shipping Agent in Netherlands

Discussion in 'Holland/Belgium' started by dino6964, Aug 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dino6964

dino6964 Rookie

Jul 12, 2005
    UK
    I'm importing a vintage car from the USA (Porsche 356 Cabriolet) and want to take it to a Dutch agent in order to pay the European Union VAT.

Can anyone recommend a firm in either Rotterdam or Hook of Holland that I could do this through?

Thanks in advance.

2. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Check back with toto70_0. He'll probably is able to set you up.

Gr. Martin

3. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
  4. toto70_0

toto70_0 F1 Rookie

Sep 14, 2004
    NETHERLANDS
    Sillevis in Rotterdam is the place to be for arranging the transport and import of your car.
    Be aware that a Porsche 356 can be imported as a classic car here in Holland for 6%, only the car must be an original 356 and not a replica speedster with a period engine, if your car would have a later engine the customs can see your car as a not original classic car and have paid 10% importtaxes and above that 19% VAT.
    So really bringing it to England might be as easy.

Yours,
    Tonnie van der velden

5. dino6964

dino6964 Rookie

Jul 12, 2005
    UK
    Tonnie, Steve, Martin,

Thanks very much for the prompt replies. It looks like there are a couple of firms that will be able to do exactly what I need.

The car is a genuine Porsche 356 Cabriolet from 1963 with its original engine so hopefully it will go through Dutch customs without a problem - I think I will coincide my visit with a short break and get a couple of car guy pals to bring there classics as I've never been to Holland before.

Thanks again.

BT

6. BeQuietAndDrive

BeQuietAndDrive Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    NL
    Full Name:
    Robert
    While not an F, it's still a great car, expecially when it's a genuine one :) good luck!

7. dino6964

dino6964 Rookie

Jul 12, 2005
    UK
    OK, all sorted now - gentleman thankyou for your assistance, very much appreciated!