Shock Actuators | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Shock Actuators

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ferraridriver, Aug 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks for the info. I will pull the actuator and see of the gear will slide off or not. Hope it's just the Ricambi bit!

2. Agent_355

Agent_355 Karting

May 13, 2007
    Richmond Hill, Ont
    #27 Agent_355, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Another member on her did as well with their Maserati. I had an intermittent suspension light for the last two months or so. Pulled the actuators off and cycled the key to see if they all self tested. The RR one did not. Rainy cold day here today so had some time and broke out the dremel. Result was dicovery of a broken solder on one of the wires to my absolute pleasure. 30 seconds with a soldering iron and some reconstruction with a hot glue gun and awaaaaaay we go!!!

Still raining damn it.....oh well celebration drive tomorrow.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

f355spider likes this.
  3. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    I did some tests on the bench of these motors, and the torque on them is just immense. It is in my view way too high for the application, which leads to breakage of casings, gears, and even the metal gears on top of the shocks. Add the ridiculous prices of new units into that equation, and something has to be done. Testing it it looked as if adding a circuit to lower the peak power of the motor in the circuit works well for reducing the torque, I will work further on where this is best placed, in the ECU or the wiring to the motor itself. This is for a 456 but the 355 is very similar I'm sure. Will keep you updated.

4. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    They are produced by Maxon Motor just around the corner from me here in the canton of Obwald in Switzerland. They over engineer everything which can be bad and good.

5. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa

did you ever fix this ? what was the cause ?

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I have a bunch of actuators I plan to send to Captain Z, but I had a quick question. The units seem to be attached by this grey/white clip. They seem to be single-use. Does know what the procedure is to remove them? Or buy replacements? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Just pull it out. You can reuse it..