Shop Comparison CT: P1 vs Sport Auto (Bill Pollard) | FerrariChat

Shop Comparison CT: P1 vs Sport Auto (Bill Pollard)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FXRcR1, Oct 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FXRcR1

FXRcR1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    I live almost directly between these two shops in terms of miles.

The old Google machine seems to be lacking reviews for both places. I've really only heard good things about both shops from friends & other media.

I'm looking for someone to handle some basic maintenance on my new (to me) 355, nothing major at the moment (I HOPE!).

Anyone have any direct experience either way? I will say I'm somewhat attracted to P1 only by virtue of the fact that they have the in-house detailer, which would save me time/miles since I'm going to be doing that anyways.

Thanks in advance all!

2. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    The only input I can give, is I had Bill Pollard do a PPI on my car eight years ago and was satisfied with his services. You might search the threads for any other comments. Good luck.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You may find some existing answers in the relevant geographic section down near the bottom of the front page

4. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Bill Pollard closed up shop. He had stepped away for the most part the last couple of years according to some friends who had work done there, and it was being run day to day by his former shop manager Roman.

Dont know P1.

Ive been taking my cars up to Aston Martin New England, as they have some techs who specialize in older Ferraris. Theyve done a great job for me.

5. FXRcR1

FXRcR1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    Thanks for the feedback. I had used the search feature for a competitor near Bill Pollard, and somehow failed to search for my primary inquiries in the same fashion.

My bad. Serves me right for multi-tasking.

6. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    With Bill Pollard gone I would not bring my car there if I were you.

For several years now I use Autotourismo in New Milford, Ct.

Sean Sheridan always did the work on my car and was Bills top mechanic at Sport Auto, so when he left SA several years ago I followed him to Autotourismo.

I HIGHLY recommend Sean.

7. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Tommy at P1 can take care of anything.

He works on vintage as well as modern.

No issues from me on everything he’s done.