430 - Shopping for a 430 Scuderia | FerrariChat

430 Shopping for a 430 Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kendal, Sep 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kendal

Kendal Rookie

Sep 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    John Peeling
    Shopping for a 430 Scuderia .............hello everyone looking for advice on purchasing a 430 ......checking autotempist and all cars are 309k and above ,however, today on BAT a Nero Scud did not meet reserve at 257k was a 2008 with approx 8000miles . Also a particular car red scud has a dirty car fax " the wheel was repaired " .....I really do not know more to the story ......any thoughts....advice is appreciated......I sold my 930 and am looking for another raw fun car but Italian.....this would be my first Ferrari. The Scuderia seems to check off all boxes in that it is limited production , very unique , and collectible. Thanks in advance for all comments especially with regards to negotiation and pricing with and without dirty car fax .

2. market-reasearch

Silver Subscribed

Jul 21, 2021
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    D. Gabathuler
    Can‘t comment on the US market but you will love this car. Amazing engine and sound, very responsive, sharp steering with the right adjustments, car is and feels very light, perfect gearbox, fast and raw, and timeless design.

3. Kendal

Kendal Rookie

Sep 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    John Peeling
    Yes from what I read a great drivers car

4. CDZLE

CDZLE Rookie

Jul 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    CDFF
    I say go for it! Who hasn't curbed (or your wife/GF) a wheel before. Especially if you plan on driving the car. These are special cars and a well maintained, documented, good condition car will hold its value and increase regardless of "dirty carfax" IMO.

5. Kendal

Kendal Rookie

Sep 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    John Peeling

6. Kendal

Kendal Rookie

Sep 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    John Peeling
    The car seems to have more of a story..... the car fax indicates another car involvement and dealer says maybe some paint work.... all with an asking price of 335 k .......how would one evaluate a market price ......vs other cars same price with clean car fax ?

schumi189 likes this.
  7. CDZLE

CDZLE Rookie

Jul 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    CDFF
    Kendal likes this.
  8. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Scuderia’ s have made big upward price moves multiple times and they have always settled back down in the low $200k range. This time could be different but with the economy moving in the wrong direction my bet would be that good cars by next spring could be back in the low 200k range.

SoftwareDrone, Kendal and Wikdstrate like this.
  9. Kendal

Kendal Rookie

Sep 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    John Peeling
    The miles are 6800 the sales person started talking about paint work and different thickness readings ....the car is starting a story and asking price is 339

10. Kendal

Kendal Rookie

Sep 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    John Peeling
    I believe the price drop is starting , however, I'm only referring to a BAT auction yesterday regarding a 2008 Nero scud with 8000 miles did not meet reserve at 257 000 . Overall car was well documented and a nice example.

armedferret likes this.
  11. CDZLE

CDZLE Rookie

Jul 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    CDFF
    For me 339 is too much for a Scud with an accident on the title. It’s not even a unique color or interior.

I found the one your talking about and think it would sell around 300k in this market IMO.

Seeing as for less money (asking price) you can get virtually the same car with a clean title and 4k less miles. Seems like an obvious choice.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

armedferret and Kendal like this.
  12. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Agree that you should look for a clean example at that price or just be patient as the market is just beginning to soften.

Disagree that being unique in color should command a higher price. It is the definitive Ferrari color.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Kendal likes this.
  13. Kendal

Kendal Rookie

Sep 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    John Peeling
    Y
    i believe even less than 300k but would not know definitive answer unless it went to auction.......unfortunately with a dirty car fax you always have to explain .....and as of now there are other examples but everyone wants to ride that high super car wave