should a 21 year old be driving a new m3? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

should a 21 year old be driving a new m3?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by bmwm3, Jul 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Still waiting...

2. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne

I have to say...I am curious too.

3. NY550

NY550 Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Long Island
    i agree

4. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    well i bought myself a lancer evolution when i was 18. a few payments later im 19 and just won an upgraded turbo kit, it will be installed in the next couple weeks. my parents only signed on the line, for insurance purposes and such.

with the turbo kit, i'll be looking at about 400 bhp.......im only 19, no HPDE yet, and am a very mature driver (except when i take advantage of onramps, and merge at 90 or so, then test out the brembos :) )

sure its no exotic, but its nothing to bat an eye at

5. LexusEnthusiast

LexusEnthusiast Karting

Aug 14, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    hahaha you agree? You know damn well you aren't gonna be paying for a damn thing.

6. LexusEnthusiast

LexusEnthusiast Karting

Aug 14, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I don't think it's ridiculous. A lot of parents will buy their kids a car upon their college graduation, which generally occurs around 21, 22, 23. I see no problem with being rewarded for working hard.

7. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I never understood this argument. I though the reward of college was having a degree, an education (and I'm guessing the parents are footing the bill for it as well). A degree will make you worth a lot more if you work hard (medicine, climb the corporate ladder, ect).

8. LexusEnthusiast

LexusEnthusiast Karting

Aug 14, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    True, but parents will feel extra proud of their children for having graduated from college, so it justifies a reward as big as a car (in the eyes of the parents). Graduation gifts are not uncommon. True that the rewards to yourself are the degree and knowledge, as well as the newly opened doors to opportunity. But sometimes parents also feel as though they should reward their children even further for their efforts, for making them proud of their child!

You don't see parents giving their kids gifts when they get arrested.....

9. NY550

NY550 Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Long Island
    i agree with you!!!