Should be an interesting week... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Should be an interesting week...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Napolis, Aug 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    An individual can buy copies directly from VM at any time, but I think it wouldn't be any cheaper than English newsstand prices, when the post is figured in. I am fairly certain that if a legitimate organization bought a fair number of copies, such as the Ferrari club, it would be cheaper than the newsstand price. How much cheaper would probibly depend on the number of copies purchased..

Of course I can't speak for the publishers of VM, as I have no affiliation (other than as an occassional researcher for articles), but it is certainly worth an e-mail or letter to VM from someone at the Ferrari club...

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Cheers. I'll try and get UK FOC to make a few enquires.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Has the magazine been recalled or something?

I cannot get it ... the only place over here (North Sydney, Australia) that ever has a couple of copies has not had it for ages!

Anyway ... patience I guess :(

Pete

4. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
  5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes looks like it might be the only way ...

Pete

6. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    I got my copy from Techbooks in Melbourne (www.techbooks.com.au) , last time I looked they still had plenty of copies, but given the content of the article (apart from the pics) IMO it's not worth the $A19.95 asking price :(

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Right, the mag shop has new Vintage Motorsport mags in ... but they have an old F1 car (I think) on the cover. Is that the issue before or after ... please?

Pete

EDIT: Answering my own question it is last months ... gee I really feel like I live on Mars or something. How come it takes over a month to get a magazine to frigging Australia!!!Q@!!#$%$%#%#$%? We have planes now for pete's sake! ;) :D

8. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    The English magazine Auto Italia, when it first got started, wasn't much more than an English translation of an Italian magazine....more than 6 months after the Italian one was on the newsstand there. It is the same with some French "classic car" magazines.

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Finally on the 27 October 2004 I got my copy of this magazine ... so old now that it is a historic time piece itself.

Man I really feel like I live in the bondocks ... and I thought the world was shrinking ;)

Pete's now reading

10. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Nope. I think they call it 'The Colonies', Pete. LOL. ;)

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yep, I am atleast pleased that us prisioners of Mother England are allowed reading material ;) ...

Pete