Should car designers lobby for more drawings at the (postphoned) Detroit Institute of Arts show? | FerrariChat

Should car designers lobby for more drawings at the (postphoned) Detroit Institute of Arts show?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I think they said that there would be 35 car design renderings by designers, and five or so "dream cars" including the original Stingray racecar. Well, they postphoned the show
    "Detroit Style: Car Design in the Motor City, 1950-2020.," was to have opened in June. vut will now open Nov. 15 and run through June 20 next year, overlapping with the newly rescheduled North American International Auto Show, which will be a summer event from now on.

So now i think this is a golden opportunity (the Museum previously ignored design renderings for 30 years!) The car designers of Detroit ought to press for more a larger display of renderings, maybe 150. If the DIA says "no room" they could put them on wheeled carpeted room dividerss and roll them around to where there is room. I think there even ought to be some wall panels devoted to a For Sale section so unemployed designers could sell some art. Who knows how many have been furloughed because of the pandemic? This for some could be a once in a lifetime to find an audience for the art work they saved from work (remember many automakers destroyed the art to mkae room for newer drawings or forbid employees to take art home)
    I'll write an article on this if anybody in Detroit wants to get some spokeman to spearhead this movement in Detroiit. I need someone I can quote. I can be reached at [email protected]