Should have not looked at this Forum | FerrariChat

Should have not looked at this Forum

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DiamondDog, Sep 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Just got back from a visit from Dallas. It was a bit warm. Came back to Orange County and it’s been triple digits since I got back!!

Decided to glance at this forum for some reason. You guys are so lucky to have what your have. I am really Jelly

You have a very nice dealer that is very involved, you do things like F1 watching gathering, hang out in groups at peoples homes. What a great group of people. We have some things like this in Orange County, but it pales in comparison in my opinion to what you guys have.

As you may or may not know, I keep fantasizing about moving Texas and the Dallas area. I love everything about Texas except the summer weather and the fact that good looking modern homes are so hard to find. I also missed the boat on ridiculously cheap housing prices. (When I got divorced in 2006 you could get a nice home in Highland Park for 400k)

Reading about all of these event makes me so envious. Wife Found a house we liked in Southlake. 4MM!!! Asked my wife “why would go from California house prices to California house prices in Texas with a hot summer?!!” The group of people in this forum (who I haven’t even met) keeps drawing me back in to consider it!

2. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    We will need to see your voter registration cards before inviting you in. LOL You are 100% correct about the DFW chapter and member activities that are actually fun and well attended. Steve does an excellent job putting things together. There are plenty of places to get a Southlake home for much less then in Southlake. It is hot in the summer but goes by fast.

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    There are plenty of nice areas that aren't Southlake. Modern homes are a little more difficult to come by, you might have to build.

Too bad Texas is closed. :(

DIGMAN52, SAFE4NOW, HardTen and 3 others like this.
  4. Jjansenracing

Jjansenracing Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2022
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Joseph jansen
    I made the move from San Diego to DFW in early July and bought a Ferrari from a member before I found a house lol. The people here are amazing, the food is great and getting to be part of such an active club is just the gravy on top, you get use to the heat but idk if I’ll ever get use to how great Texas is!

Texas Forever and SAFE4NOW like this.
  5. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    We don’t like it, we want to move.

one4torque likes this.
  6. TTEC

TTEC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Full Name:
    Terry Tecco
    Then move

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  8. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Oohh……..struck a nerve.

9. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I hear California is nice….

10. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    And all this time I thought Texans were supposed to be SOOOO friendly. Typical.

Well after Beto gets in we’ll all be living in Commyfornia.

11. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Obviously you threw this out there to get a reaction, so don't be surprised by them.

I'll donate $20 to your going away present.

AREDSTALLION likes this.
  12. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    #12 DiamondDog, Sep 16, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    Come on guys....my intent of this post was not to start hostility between members. I do love the pride people have of their states. Texans are known for that, I can understand how a post may have been interpreted as an attack on their state. I do love the pride people show of their state. Just don't want this thread to digress into something really negative

I may to be blame here. I really love so many things about Texas, So much so, my posts could be interpreted as trying to find some bad things about Texas (as I also love a lot about CA). And then people post those thigns. For this I apologize.

The original intent of my post was to compliment you and your state for the great things you do as F Car owners and to communicate how I waffle back and forth on moving there.

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Maybe you and JLF can trade houses? Win-Win

AREDSTALLION likes this.
  14. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    No, merely to let him know that some of us who thought it would be great here turned out not to like it.

Send me the 20 I’ll get out sooner.

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  15. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Texas is great……..Dallas? Meh.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

one4torque likes this.
  16. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    We have an extremely active FCA group in the DFW area. There are almost too many events and I attend fewer than I'd like.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  17. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Here you go. Modern with Ferrari content.....not Southlake. :)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5025-Wateka-Dr-Dallas-TX-75209/26732813_zpid/

18. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I moved down to the DFW area of Texas from Wisconsin about 40 years ago ( Wow time flys ! ) for a job at Braniff.
    At the time there was very little job opportunities for a commercial aircraft mechanic up there.
    Other than the normal layoffs in the airline industry Texas has been very good to our family.
    Layoffs led to starting my own business 20+ years ago and that was a blessing.
    Other than the heat Texas has been awesome.
    I do go back to the upper midwest to escape the heat every year for a month to visit family and friends.
    I often dream of having a vacation home on Lake Superior in the UP of Michigan but cant imagine owning anything other than "normal" cars up there.
    Closest thing to an exotic would be a new NSX as the nearest dealer is only 200 miles away ;)

19. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA