should i buy 355? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

should i buy 355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by gavin, Jul 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gavin

gavin Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Gavin
    JSL
    Congradulations glad to here your enjoying it but how could not.
    Gavin

2. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    I looked at a 355 and 360 two years ago before buying my first F-Car. After driving both cars I opted for the 355. Not withstanding the design preference the 355 felt more "visceral" and the way I expected a Ferrari to sound and behave.

I have about 24K on the clock now, including a cross country trip, and the car has been wonderful with very little service issues. IMHO the 355 is the last modern day era Ferrari worth keeping - the new cars will basically have a maser motor, etc etc.

Take your time finding the right car. Do the PPI, look for books and records, and everything else stated here. Don't let the headers be a deal breaker - if you do break one, just get some from QV and your done with the issue for life.

Great car. You will not be disappointed!

3. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Spent my first weekend with the 355. Really enjoyed the car! Much more driver friendly than the 348 by a long margin. Still need to get it registered so I'm a little afraid to drive too much. Car is beautiful, so much so that my sons brought several friends to see it. All needed a ride. They didn't do this with the 348 for some reason. I cleaned the engine which was followed by a rather substantial oil leak. Can't seem to track it down yet but I will. Overall, the car is far superior to my 328 and the 348. I am not disappointed in the least!