Should Max get a suspension from races? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Should Max get a suspension from races?

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Apr 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Welcome back mate. I tried sending you a support message when you got banned but system wouldn't let me:rolleyes:

daytona355 likes this.
  2. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
  3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  4. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
  5. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Perhaps Jos the Boss needs to speak to him, the way he speaks to his ladies.

moretti and subirg like this.
  6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Max needs to go. Costing your team their very slim shot at the WDC with his kindergarten grade double blocks is unforgiveable. He needs time in the sin bin until he can’t sort his head out. Back to Toro Rosso?

crinoid likes this.
  7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Bas

I find it hard to post here with the trolls behaving the way they do, reporting posts and pretending to support Ferrari

Your boy should have realised that this weekend Dan had the faster car and was in the zone, fighting your team mate and banging wheels I blame RB and in particular Marko/Horner

They foster this rubbish as they did with Webber/Vettel and they always come down on the side of the European driver

Bobbing and weaving under brakes is never smart but Dan should have waited for another lap, he was too close but then he's a racer and we are all second guessing them well after the event

Bas likes this.
  8. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Then Max would really be Mad :)

9. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Straight swap for Sainz ?

He drove well

10. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    The problem with this latest incident isn't that it was another bone headed move from young Max... it's that it was the same bone headed move for the umpteenth time...

He has always escaped the double block without penalty...why do we think he will change his behavior...? IOW, he has tacitly been told that it is okay and it has generally worked to his advantage. Until he pays a price, he will never have a sense that he needs to change.

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    The FIA is culpable for that as well. Max has done that since he moved up to F1. Seb, Kimi and others have complained about it. They see it as dangerous and as an affront of the sporting regulations. For spectators, it is exciting, but for drivers, it presents a dangerous situation.

12. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Exactly.

13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't get why the FIA has not come down on Max. Is it because he brings new viewers to the sport?

14. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Ostensibly.

15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I believe so. There is a lot of orange in the stands and he attracts a younger demographic.

16. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    So they will let him get away with it until he kills or severely injures another driver? That's ridiculous! If the other drivers were immature, they would do the same thing to Max. Fortunately, they are not immature and have respect for one another. Respect is another thing Max is lacking, along with maturity.

daytona355, classic308 and moretti like this.
  17. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Max has cost his team several points. Horner needs to put him in a time out. It’s ridiculous really, and the only thing stronger than max’s immaturity is marko’s stupidity.

18. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    The way I look at it is this. Max was ahead of Ric right after his pit stop for about 2sec. However, Ric was way much faster than Max. Within a few turns he was able to close the gap to less than a sec and able to use the DRS. I believe Ric would have passed Max at some point regardless. Max knew that he tried to block him. Max should have been penalized based on his history and the way he drives.

19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    We could all see this coming, problem is FIA will do nothing unless someone gets injured ,and with the Halo etc it is actually extremely difficult to get injured nowadays in an F1 car..so we can expect more of the same .

Max will not change, but if he does another stunt like this he might end up like Kvyat .back at Toro Rosso.

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The sport is too much based on marketing and PC ******** these days. Max brings fans, and is marketed as some wonderkid waiting to win it all, so the FIA and Liberty are not interested in sanctioning him. Red bull seem cuckholded by their own inaction an as a result, they’ll lose Ricciardo at the end of the year. Max does his trademark wandering about in the braking zone EVERY time someone is behind him, yet he is allowed to continue as the prospect of a crash is supposedly what everyone wants.

Liberty, wake up, we want races on the track, not lottery results based on what time the safety car came out, or who crashed into max/was crashed into by max. The guy isn’t learning the rules, so either everyone should be allowed the same defensive strategy (and it will be ****ing carnage) or he has to sit out some races, with Sainz getting an opportunity to shine in his car (or Alonso do a swap and get a run in a Red Bull, that would be a race to watch, the gap from Mercedes to red bull is less than the gap merc to ferrari when he used to drag our lame horse into contention regularly)

jmillard308 likes this.
  21. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    This is from "Time to Retire Whiting" comments after China :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whiting said: "There probably is a little bit of criticism but that's what the penalty points are for.

"They are there to make an habitual offender take notice.

"He's got five points now, so he's going to be more careful I would say."

Yeap Max is way more careful now! :p:p:p:p:p

The penalty points system can work if they drop it from 12 points to 8 points or even less.

E60 M5 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

that's the thing...they're both racers. I don't expect Verstappen nor Ricciardo (or any other top driver) to willingly move over and let a hugely competitive teammate run off. I understand it, you understand it...why didn't Red Bull? They didn't learn from their Vettel/Webber time? Like Kimi said...the collision was going to happen, it was practically guaranteed. With the gap that Ricciardo had pre-pitstops I was sure he was going to be well ahead on Verstappen after his stop, I'm not entirely sure what happened...even if the tyre is slow to warm up here somehow, Max was sliding around everywhere and quite simply was exceptionally slow this weekend, so I'm really not sure where the time was lost for Ricciardo.

Red Bull surely must've discussed such a scenario well before hand. **** these cars are so complicated they could probably tell Max they see an issue on the car and pretty please let Ricciardo through so he can catch whoever was 3rd at the time, and we'll make it this easy later on in the season when you're much faster than Ric, ok mate?

FIA blames both 50/50...I put no blame on either (so same, really). But it could've all been prevented by Red Bull brass.

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Max won’t listen to anyone during the race anyway, if they told him to let Ricci go he’d pretend not to hear it.... he’s too immature to be in f1, that much is clear. At some point even the hardest head at red bull is going to have to realise they either curtail him now or they might as well sack him back to toro Rosso (or, realistically, F2) until he grows up and plays the team game when required

Flea7, scudF1, wrxmike and 2 others like this.
  24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    This is the reason the strict team order at Ferrari with favorism is the way to go...
    But obviously you are criticising that the same way, so whatever they do they never do it right in you opinion.
    Let them race and be prepared to collect the carbon from the street or give one the No.1 status and they might end up with a championship, ask McLaren and Ferrari about 2007....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

25. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Max, talented yes, intelligent no

He needs to learn which fights to have and when to leave well enough alone

stavura, daytona355 and jmillard308 like this.