Should PP and FF have their thread and leave the world in peace? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Should PP and FF have their thread and leave the world in peace?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by goober, Feb 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should PP and FF have their own thread and stop infiltrating us with their cat fight?

1. agree to having their own thread

2. disagree and keep infecting us with their vial humour

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. F40LMGTC

F40LMGTC Formula 3

Mar 15, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    GIL MATTHEWS
    It's a lot of money at $1.2m, and you'd have to be worried about the resale value after a couple of years. You could be looking at a car worth under $500k after a couple of years. Who's to say that Zonda will be around in say...5 years. As for the passion with F40's, well once you've own'd one of these things, they bring out the true boy racer stuff in you. But I did have the passion even with my 308, loved that car, still do. I don't know what it is, but I sought of have this thing where Enzo is the king, just like his cars and it would be an insult to him for me to have anything else in my garage. In fact when I built my house, I built a separate garage for my wife (who has a convertible sequential M3 BMW), because I wasn't gonna have any BMW's in my Ferrari garage. Anyway, sorry guys, but I wouldn't have a Lambo or a Zonda as a gift....and people who know me, know that, that is a true statement.

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    exactly!

but that's just the oil leak issue. him attacking me about brakes and about my car...well...what can i say?

he just needs to get off my case for me to get off his

3. waz356

waz356 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    warren
    Hey, how come Gil and Scud are talking about cars in the PP/FF thread? :D

4. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    that is a great unknown , whats a XJ220 worth now to when they came out ? i am curious .
    no disrespect to enzo but were they saying that about him in the 40's ?

5. F40LMGTC

F40LMGTC Formula 3

Mar 15, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    GIL MATTHEWS
    I don't know about the jag, other than it's a jag and has a lot of history behind them, even in Formula 1, But the zonda is sort of a one-off company with NO history. A bit like a delorean (spelling?) I guess, although they made a lot of delorian's (spelling)? What about a Bricklin", have you guys ever heard of a Bricklin" . Car made in Canada (150 made with a Ford cleveland engine).
    Used to be expensive, I guess now you couldn't give them away.

6. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    Gil, i adore ferraris, however i still collect other rare/ exotic cars and will continue to do so, i find that because MHH partakes in a ferrari site and he "only" has a gallardo is the main reason why we got together for the Save Ferris Runs on sundays. (even though he has nearly convinced me to buy a gallardo) ((doesnt want to get lonely)).

on another note we have a lot of ferraris in Adelaide and the majority of these are cafe latte cruisers, (you prob have them in Melb) but we would love to see them on this site or driving with us, if our sunday cruise was limited to ferraris only there would only be 2 regulars, so its an eclectic group of enthusiasts who just wanna have fun, and in this we have people with different cars who come out and play.

Also based on the latte set we have the moron factor to consider, like the VP who struts around in his michael schumacher gear and is the tosser of tossers, (like me in a Gt4 caught his ugly arse in his hong kong import 355 spyder during the classic) its this type of person who regards anything older than his car as being non ferrari especially if its a 308 whatever and he gives zero time to anybody else in the this fray. this is off the topic i know but i might as well have a dig cos i cant stand wallys

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    is that true about the VP??

8. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Well said!
    Hey, I think we should do our bit for the planet and ban belly dancers.

9. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

absofookingutely, has zero time for anyone but himself and like it was once said it blamed the Vic fraternity on not putting a vote in, so next time around it will grettel killen time "its time to go ..............................................................................................................................boof head"

10. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    i thought that was limited to one of our fchat friends :rolleyes:

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    so...i gather you don't think much of him, then? :)

12. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    which one,

does he drive a ferrari?
    does it have an oil leak?
    can the leak be fixed by someone who knows how to fix leaks?

always thought that ""no more gaps" would do the job, it werks on boats

13. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    would not p!ss on him if he was on fire, in fact i would rather cough blood than speak to it.

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    for god's sake, goober, say what you really think!!!

15. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    oh ok, i would like to rips its head off, **** down its neck, poke its eyeballs out, skull f**k it then p!ss on its dead brain

happy now

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    i was born happy!

17. F40LMGTC

F40LMGTC Formula 3

Mar 15, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    GIL MATTHEWS

Oh come on now, Don't talk about Peter like that!

18. VeloceManiac

VeloceManiac Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2006
    #43 VeloceManiac, Feb 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    actually Gil, i don't barrack for any teams! that could say a lot about my preferences... i'm not one-eyed for anything (except my gf if she happens to read this :p ) but i'm looking for the excitement.

in F1, i don't care who wins, i just don't want a tromping because i want an exciting race, same in the cricket, i don't even go for australia, i just want an exciting game. i'm the sort of guy you'll see cheering on the team who are almost catching the leaders. my life's way too short for me to care who wins, i just want to enjoy the game.

so, i have no brand fixation in any realms, cars food clothes movies music etc... i judge each product on it's own merit, but also take into account previous performances but don't necessarily use it as a benchmark.

but, i understand your perspective, and given your circumstances hell i might be in the same boat as you (i wish!). as it stands, you choose your marque and stand by it, i just appreciate the top 1% of everything.

20. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Rather than discuss whether FF and Aircon should have their own thread, why don't we discuss whether they could have their own site?

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    i already have!

www.pless.com.au/mechanics.htm
    feel free to check it out.

22. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the link Peter. Not to be critical, but it looks a bit one sided! :D

23. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  24. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

The XJ220 is early $200k's Australian. They really stuffed up because it had a race V12 in the concept, the people signed up and when it finally came to be, it had a coarse old turbo V6 puffing away in the back. I seem to recall they wanted 350k POUNDS new. This is one of the few cars I know of that Fox got bent over the table with. That and his XJ15 race car.
    This one had would be owners going to court so they could NOT take delivery and lose their large deposits as a "best option".

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    you make a good point.

i might take some classic phil hughes posts and add then!
    thanks for the idea.