should single women own Ferrari's, what does it signify to you | Page 2 | FerrariChat

should single women own Ferrari's, what does it signify to you

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by larz, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I can't even go out to dinner without all Hell breaking loose? Peter, I saw her going into a restaurant in Beverly Hills tonight...but I don't think she saw me!

DL

2. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I can maybe see where someone with no self-confidence could be intimidated by a car or other inanimate object... I've been told that I myself am intimidating. Actually, frankly, no I can't see it. I don't understand it, and I am not of that kind of behavior. Ferraris only have the power to move me in a posative direction. If I am driving or riding in one, it is an enthralling expierence. If I see somebody else with one, I am thankful to be in it's presence, and greatful it exists.

I think it's incredibly sexy to see a woman driving an exotic.

I also don't care who makes more money (Great! Let's go skiing more!). Life to me is not a competition, we are not playing some "zero-sum game" here.

I choose to belive that life is about who we touch and expierence on our way through. And if we can share passions, so much the better!

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I know you meant something really positive by the above statement, but I couldn't help but think what other ways that could be construed in a thread like this.

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

I actually really agree with you especially on the last one, i date mostly doctors models or other high price career women. i hate the idea of someone looking at me as a meal ticket or being the trophy type that just wants to be seen riding shotgun in your car.

if they can afford one, then go for it, it shows style, class, a confident woman with goals and objectives, a descision maker.

5. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    No offence taken at all, I meant it in every sense of the word :D)

6. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Yes, why not?

I know a very beautiful young woman who owns a black 355B that she bought with her own hard earned money. She also has a nice prancing horse tatoo in black right above her butt, very sexy.

7. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    #32 mighty, Feb 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    DAMN!
    I can't think of anything sexier than a woman owning a Ferrari, and as already pointed out, if she already owns one, than she's not just interested in you for your car or your money.
    But what do I think of single women who own ferrari's?
    I don't think they'd stay single very long

9. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    This one? The Princess of Pop?

Hopped this from somethingawful forums:

"Britney Spears has shelled-out $25,000 after wrecking a Ferrari and almost killing herself in the process.
    Spears is reported to have hired the £200,000 Ferrari 360 Modena in Beverley Hills earlier this week, but blew up the gear box within two hours.
    The Princess of Pop apparently attempted to put the car into second gear whilst travelling at 85mph, causing the car to blow-out, swerve across two lanes before crashing to a stop.
    Spears, who is not used to driving with a manual gearbox, was unhurt, but agreed to pay for the damage to the motor.
    A spokesman for the hire firm commented: "She'd not been gone very long when we got a phone call saying the vehicle had broken down on a freeway. She has agreed to pay the $25,000 repair bill."
    i think then she's gonna be like "o my god, ferraris are sooooo unreliable...i didn't even do anything and the car just like...u know....i was only trying to shift to second gear on 85 miles per hour...i rather drive my brother's bronco back in louisiana"

o.k., maby still sexy .... :)

forza

cinquevalvole

10. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    What do I think?

"She is a Keeper!"

11. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Well what about a single guy driving a Ferrari. What does that signify to to most people!? He's got a small pepe!? Blah blah we all know the b.s we take sometimes about owning these great F-cars. I love to see woman drive sports cars. My wife did when i met her!

12. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    I think its cool for a women to drive an fcar. However, she'll have to endure a lot of attention!

13. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Lori says, "Well guys own them, WTF! It signifies independence and there are more at home dads. More women are obtaining degrees than men today. Obviously the rules have changed" -- Lori

Steven R. says "Lori loves riding in the car. Hope she gets an Enzo... because she's CPA and KNOWS money. Yo yo bling bling" :)

Can i pick 'em or what? :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

14. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

15. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    There are a lot of women, both single and married, that own their own Ferrari. I did an article for the FL Region's magazine several years ago on this very subject. There are women who not only own Ferrari's but participate in Ferrari events on many different levels. Look at the FCA there are women judges, national officers and regional directors. I have often encouraged women to become more involved with Ferrari hobby either through ownership or club participation.

16. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    My girl frend drives our 355 spider when she wants to. She found the 328 hard to steer,but the 355 is a breeze. When i get home i am never sure if the cars going to be in the gararge. Personaly i think dark haired girls suit ferraris, blonds seem more of a BMW or porche thing.Heather my girlfrend who is indeed geourgeus and very fit loves to pull up next to blonds in there sports cars and blow them away.Ofcourse she loves the attention, why else would she take it to the shop just to buy a pint of milk.....the long way round.LOL

17. ultgar

ultgar Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Steve D'Gerolamo
    There's a woman on this list who recently bought a 355 Challenge car....I'm surprised she hasn't commented by now. SD

18. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I asked my wife to accept a Montial T Conv. She would not even consider it.
    She knows how to drive a manual. She now prefers to drive only the automatics. Of course this is a singles thread ! I will try again soon.
    I will not buy an auto sports GT.

O/T I did see in Albuquerque a gal riding a ZX-12 on the freeway pushing
    100MPH. I could only keep up a little bit. I had the rental box maxed out. LOL

19. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.

Yes, she is on this list and she can drive/race that darn car faster than most the guys who show up at the track. But she does have a propensity to wash the darn car frequently (sorry Dinah couldn't resist :) ) but then again some of you guys spend entire weekends polishing your cars.

Original poster said he wasn't trying to sound sexist but get real, that's exactly what it is "....should a women be able to own ....."

Should a women be able to win a sports car race? Milka Dunno won overall at the Homestead Miami Rolex Grand Am Race yesterday in a Grand Am Daytona Prototype. A 500 horsepower prototype race car.

What's the point of this thread?

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

20. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    A single woman who bought her own sports car makes me horny :)

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought so... This is sexism at its finest... A real garbage thread...

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    My wife is blonde and said for your girlfriend to bring it on.

23. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I saw a funny news report awhile ago. Some Afghan women were being arrested and to protect their identity, the police put a huge sheet around them. However, at one point the sheet fell off and they all had Burkas on anyway. What a laugh!

Ben

24. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    wow, that would be good to watch Alanlambo, they could also have a mud fight at the end of it. Ill grab the vidio.HA! HA!

25. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    That guy behind her looks suspiciously like Paul Marciano of the brothers Marciano that own/run Guess!

btw that strip mall looking thingy behind her must be demolished, it is the rodeo low rent district, really tacky.