Show Your Motorcycle | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Show Your Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by UroTrash, May 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Thanks.

I seriously considered an SP but the wife likes to ride along here and there. Next best thing. Hah.

2. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Thanks! Love the gold wheels also. Let me know if you need powder coat code. This one is perfect. I matched the swatch samples with an SP and this one is spot on.

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    May want to PM me. I don't get in this section too often.

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Dig this bike.

5. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    1. Way too aggressive a riding position for me. This was a 959, race bike for the street.
    2. HEAT! One of the cylinders was directly between your thighs toasting you every single time you ride. Unbearable. What a poor design. Literally had whelps on my thighs even with jeans. Huge issue. Read about it.
    3. That god awful engine braking. Every time you let off throttle,you're getting pushed forward even more. I started coasting with clutch in to stop. I grew up racing motocross. You're on the throttle or on the brake, the bike doesn't do it for you.
    4. Engine sounds like 2 cans beating together. Not a pleasing sound to me at all. Also the engine bogged so much at low RPM. I'm a inline 4 kind of guy obviously.
    5. Too expensive to maintain. Not worth the money at all.
    6. The last straw. Barely bumped one of the mirrors and it snapped right off. I broke the other one off with my fist, promptly pissed all over the bike and took it back to dealer the next day. Yes I really pissed on it. I absolutely hated that bike. Tried my best to like it. Lost $5000 over the course of a few months. Bought high and wholesaled back to the dealer. Adios POS!

Wish I would have done my homework before bringing it home. I like the Aprilia sport bike. Never another ducati. Aprilia design is inline 4.

I didn't do a test ride. Didn't think it necessary. This was an almighty Ducati. NEVER buy a bike without a test ride.

6. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sold it last year....and on beautiful warm days like today...i really miss it!

7. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    #882 Protouring442, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #883 sherpa23, Jun 10, 2017
  9. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    rosso corsa vs rosso scuderia :)

10. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Both are pure two-wheeled art.

Mark

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I'll take a pic next to my 1098R when I bring it home but that's it next to a panigale race bike that's there at Boulder Motorsports (who runs one of the Ducati Corse programs). They have to change all the fluids and prep it for riding since it's been a display bike. Hoping to pick it up and ride it home on Tuesday.

12. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    Looks great...congrats again!

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Well, I can't help 1, 2, or 4 as those are all kind of standard Ducati super bike features but 3 is solved by turning off the EBC function (it's in the owner's manual), 5 is solved by having a good independent (I use Boulder Motorsports) and as for 6, I would suggest not hitting your mirrors on anything but I do know that poop just happens sometimes.

For me, I can't handle the riding position on any of the other brand's Superbikes (although my MV Agusta F4 1000 was pretty great, too). They're too upright for me.

14. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    Damn "kids" always bragging...wait till you get to be my age...upright will be the "new" tuck for you...!! Your knees (and neck) will thank you... ;)

15. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    congratulations! Some things are just hard to improve on. Nice choice..

16. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    You know what's ironic, Brock? It's because of my surgically reconstructed pelvis and my 3x broken back that I can't sit upright on a motorcycle. The closer I am to a ball the more comfortable it am. Getting old is going to be awesome...

17. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    Yikes! That certainly is a lot to endure and understand you conundrum....kudos to you for even considering throwing a leg back over a motorcycle. Enjoy it under what ever form you must take to hit the road again for riding is worth almost any risk for those who have it in their blood. Shiny side up!!

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #893 sherpa23, Jun 13, 2017
    Rode this amazing machine home today. Took the long way home as this is flat out the best motorcycle I've ever ridden. I bought it with 62 miles and it's now at 201. I'll be getting that 600 mile service done in short order I suspect...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    Entrance to Coal Creek Canyon....not a bad route...

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    :)

I thought about you when I went by your house going down 93 back to the office in Denver.

21. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    You should have pinged me. I was home and would have loved to have seen that new scoot!

22. clm412

clm412 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    CM
    WOW! Congrats! Truly a superbike in every sense of the word. I wish you many happy, fun and safe miles on her.

I exchanged a few pm's about Ducati's with you when I first considered getting one. Your advice really helped me when deciding to actually pick one up.
    Ironically, I've also had surgery on my spine and this bike is much more comfortable than the BMW S1000RR for me. I'm very happy with my decision to pick one up and owe you a big THANK YOU!

23. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    One of the best.

24. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name: