News

Show your Plane(s)

Discussion in 'AviatorChat.com' started by rob lay, Feb 5, 2008.

1. donv

donv F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    You hope the friction locks are engaged! More than a few helicopters have flown off on their own in that scenario...

2. 500drvr

500drvr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    Friction locks on the controls. The collective on a 500 requires high force so with friction on its safe to not be at the controls for a brief time.

3. 500drvr

500drvr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    Maybe on some makes... unheard of on a 500.

4. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    On the airplanes that I flew, the wings were luckily glued in place.

5. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Offering up the vintage Ercoupe I flew for some 10 years. A 415C model, built in 1946, s/n 2027, 1400TT with a C75, no rudder pedals. It was a tremendous amount of fun and took us on vacations in and out of grass airfields all over the northeast. Met some incredible people, most memorable was a ride with Rudi Opitz when we dropped into Candlelight, when he was flying with an outfit I think was called Nutmeg Soaring Club. I traded time in it with a neighboring pilot who owned a C-206UG, so that was worth it. It moved with us from CT to MA to NY.. but once we started our family, time dried up. Sold it to return to my passion for classic cars..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jcurry and 500drvr like this.