Show your Plane(s) | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Show your Plane(s)

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by rob lay, Feb 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jay Miller

Jay Miller Rookie

Jun 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jay Miller
    I brokered an original Sopwith Camel about ten years ago. Belonged to Dick Holbert in Little Rock. One of two original Camels in the US - and one of about 7 world-wide. I have some pics of it somewhere. The buyer was Peter Jackson in New Zealand. Jay Miller

paulyp and sigar like this.
  2. t6dpilot

t6dpilot Rookie

Mar 18, 2014
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Scott Hansen
    Nice Nick! Looking forward to flying together again.

3. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hi Scott! Look forward to the opportunity as well! Cars or planes.. hope we cross paths agsin soon

4. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    NYC Fred, corey1, TheMayor and 4 others like this.
  5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Nice! I remember years ago when we were discussing the Extra 300 Touring-- is this a Touring or a standard?

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Pretty airplane.

7. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
  8. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    This is the 300L which along with its super expensive younger sister, the Extra NG, are the only certified Extras. The 330LT we discussed years back is an experimental. I’ll be using this one for a commercial enterprise so the certified 300L is the way forward for me. We will be fitting her with the Aspen EFIS units though. So will be very similar in the end…think 330LT with no cup holders or seat warmers.

donv likes this.
  9. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is really cool. Is the 300L allowed to fly IFR on the type certificate, if it's equipped properly?

10. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    No. It’s equipped VFR only. It doesn’t even have a nav radio. If you put one in, it would not change its certification, so you’d have to change that to experimental, then, if equipped correctly, you could fly IFR.

11. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Yes, my 7GCAA Citabria has a similar issue. The type certificate says "VFR Day and Night" even though the 7GCBC, which is identical except for the flaps, has a type certificate which says "VFR and IFR Day and Night"- I asked the factory, and they said no one wanted to pay for IFR certification for the GCAA. Apparently someone was willing to pay for the GCBC, though.

12. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Sounds like the same type of confounding FAA restrictions on certification. I’m not sure I’d want to fly an Extra around IFR anyway, to be honest, much less shoot an approach in one. We are just putting single Aspen EFIS screens in for the modern AI and for the HSI that will repeat ADSB traffic position when tied to a Garmin GTX345 transponder. That will enhance safety when we are out training pilots.

13. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The reason IFR is nice (and I don't have an attitude indicator or DG in my Citabria, so not happening for me) is when you want to get out over a lowish overcast, or descend through one. Probably not approaches, really.

Manda racing and Hannibal308 like this.
  14. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Been flying our girl for a couple weeks now. Definitely one of the most fun airplanes I’ve ever flown. Very confidence-inspiring with respect to how she’s built. My daughter Gabby is already memorizing things about the plane, insisting she needs to fly it to be sure it’s okay for her dad!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

GatorFL, Ryan S., sigar and 5 others like this.
  15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Both are very pretty. Looks like she wants to be a pilot, great.

16. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Thanks, Taz. Yeah. She always wants to fly. I’ll probably start a logbook with her at 14. I already make most of our flights instructional but limit to one topic and objective. She loves it.

17. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

That's awesome! Are you a CFI? I started my flight training when I was 13 and the only downside was that I needed to wait 3 years to solo and 4 to get PPL.

Our kids are a bit too little to know if there is genuine interest yet but it's looking good so far!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
    What a great pic. Love it.

19. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Isn't it fun raising ass-kickin daughters?

Greg34 likes this.
  20. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    I have two daughters that fly with me now...only one is just enthralled by it. The other loves to fly with me but doesn’t want to do the flying. Gabz is a stick hog...I take off and give her the plane on crosswind and then I take it back on downwind wherever we’re going. She does all the flying in between. I’m a CFI/CFII/MEI so she could log time, but it’s not necessary at this point. I’ll start her logging time a month or two before I solo her out in a light sport running through a syllabus and then go from there. She wants to fly fighters one day, but I’m not a fan of that anymore, though I don’t discourage her. She’ll do whatever she wants. Image Unavailable, Please Login

peterp, 360Grigio, NYC Fred and 5 others like this.
  21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Will- Runs in families. Dad flew P-47s through F-84 straight wings. Both sons bad eyes so WSOs in F-111s (me) and F-4s (brother).

Bob Parks likes this.
  22. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    You’re a hero, and heroes do run in families...

23. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    David
    AIr Ferrari (2016 Cessną TTx)

Attached Files:

24. Jay Miller

Jay Miller Rookie

Jun 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jay Miller
    Hi all. I own an '87 328GTS. A lot of fun for an ol' guy. Also tackle photography requirements for Bob Smith's operation in Gainesville, TX. The latter is a
    great experience for me as I get a lot of quality time with many truly rare prancing horses. Anyway, my airplane-owning days now are behind me, but as a professional aviation photographer I get to see an enormous variety of rare and truly unusual flying machines. Have made a living with my Nikons for well over fifty years. Having said all of that, I thought I would share some images with those of you interested in flying machines. No, I do not own any of these, but I have spent many hours with each and have flown more than a few of them.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Roadney, BJK, peterp and 2 others like this.
  25. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Great photos. The Bugatti, unfortunately, is no longer with us.

donv likes this.