Show yourself!!! | FerrariChat

Show yourself!!!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by ltjng, Feb 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ltjng

ltjng Rookie

May 14, 2003
    Singapore, Sydney
    Full Name:
    Jackie
    It is a bit quiet here. All Ferrari guys in Asia, let's show yourself here and get together!

2. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Bubba reporting in!

3. ltjng

ltjng Rookie

May 14, 2003
    Singapore, Sydney
    Full Name:
    Jackie

Nice Car Bubba!!!! Looks great, just wonder why I never met this eye-catcher on the road in Hong Kong.

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'll be back next weekend. Unfortunately, the car stays on the other side of the pacific.

5. benjie

benjie Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Hello to you all Hong Kongers! Glad to know I'm not alone here!

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Just had chinese for lunch .. does that count? LOL

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I guess not.

8. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Pong, reporting for duty, Sir...

I am in Thailand....not a current owner of F-car (used to own F355 in the US, now back in Thailand and drive GTR, NSX, and EVO VI). Brother has F360 that he wants to sell and just bought the 328 GTB...

Don't see many F-car running around here. But have seen 288 GTO and F40 in somewhat secret garage in Bangkok. Both are real...he he. Know that there are 2 F50s, but have not seen them.

9. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Thanks ltjng! I am out in the New Territories, so if you are on the island, you won't see me much. I do come out frequently on Sundays with a few other guys for drives.

You should post some pics of your 348. Who knows? I may have seen your car already!

10. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Oh...btw...did you receive my email about Po Leung Kuk's Ferrari parade this coming Sunday? We are going for a world record breaker, but may be a few cars short. So, if you can come, that would be awesome. Let's make some kids happy!

11. ltjng

ltjng Rookie

May 14, 2003
    Singapore, Sydney
    Full Name:
    Jackie
    Hi Budda, Yes, I did receive your message about the gathering, unfortunately I will be out of Hong Kong on the day.
    I am living in Tung Chung, and if possible in future, I would like to have a look at your head-turner 512TR.
    Or we may met on Sunday morning............

12. gary308gtb

gary308gtb Rookie

Oct 9, 2003
    I'm from Manila Philippines. Bought my 1st Ferrari, a 308GTB last year
    for the same price as a Ford Expedition (Old Model).

I feel very lucky to be in such good company in Ferrari Chat.

The F-cars I have seen in the Philippines are quite a few. 1 Testarrosa, 1 308 GTB, 1 308GTB Quatrovalve, 3 355's, 1 550 Maranello, 3 360 Modenas,
    1 348GTS, 1 356BBoxer, well that's what I have seen so far.

Most of the car buffs over here are into Porsches, new and old.

With our heavy traffic, we can only drive exotic cars here early Sunday mornings only.

Happy Driving Guys,

GARY

13. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    ltjng, that's too bad...you must be flying that day then. I will try and take some pics that day, and post them here.

Since you live in Tung Chung, that's fairly easy then. My driving buddies and I sometime go to the airport hotel on Sundays for bfast and chat. So, it's only a short hop from where you are.

Gary, congrats on your purchase of a 308 last year. It's a nice-looking Ferrari. I share your pain....our traffic here can be pretty bad too. So, Sundays are usually the only days we can let our beasts loose.

Happy driving!

14. adlinyusman

adlinyusman Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Hi I'm from Malaysia and there are a lot of ferraris in my side of the world. We've got 2 enzo's, 2 F50's, 1 F40, Dozens of 355s and 360s, a couple of dinos, Testarossa's and almost everything else...except maybe the 250GT SWB...haven't seen that around b4. Here's a picture of my baby, the 355 Spider in giallo fly.

15. ltjng

ltjng Rookie

May 14, 2003
    Singapore, Sydney
    Full Name:
    Jackie
    Yes Budda, will be out of town. but that would be nice if you can take some good pics on that day. Look forward for that!!

Adlinyusman, nice car and good shot. I love the background, try to post some more.

Gary, same here in Hong Kong, most F-car drivers only run their motorss on Sunday due to heavy traffic.

16. gary308gtb

gary308gtb Rookie

Oct 9, 2003
    Hi Itjng and Bubba,

Do you when you guys go out on your Sunday drive, what kind of highways
    can you speed in ? Do you have any speed limits on these highways ?

What top speeds can you achieve ? The guys here in Manila can hit around 280kph to 300 kph on a short strip of highway, around 6 kilometers long only, but now, the police have placed radar guns during some days.

GARY

17. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Adlinyusman, that's one sharp-looking 355 spyder you have. I was seriously considering getting a 355 before the 512TR came along.

Gary, there are some nice streches of highway around Hong Kong, but it's tricky to go too fast as there's always a risk of police presence. Our highest limit on these highways is 110kph, but many highways are only 80kph, which won't even allow you to get out of 2nd/3rd gear.

I know somebody who went to about 280kph in his Murcie, but I won't even attempt such speed.

18. mgmbh1

mgmbh1 Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    I am in HK and I am going to the drive on sunday.

19. ltjng

ltjng Rookie

May 14, 2003
    Singapore, Sydney
    Full Name:
    Jackie
    Gary, I did get up to 240kph in 110kph zone here, but just for seconds. As Budda said, it is too risky to speed in HK, police are all around. I think that is the limit of my 348 as well, mine is old enough to ship it back to Austailia and garage it forever soon.

mgmbh1 and Budda, hope you guys can get some nice pics on Sunday and share with us here.

20. Onlinesys

Onlinesys Formula Junior

May 1, 2002
    Hong Kong
    It was a great day! More than 125 F-cars gathered together for a parade.
    2 Enzos, 1 365GTB, 2 F50, few Dino 246GT/GTS, Tons of 360/spider.

Please post a lot of pictures!

Cheers

21. mgmbh1

mgmbh1 Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    a few pics...

22. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    Hi guys. I'm in Thailand. Pong's my brother. We've owned a few F-cars while in the US. Presently I just got myself a 328GTB. My new 360Modena is currently offered for sale.

Actually, my first ever sighting of a Ferrari was when I visited HK some 25-26 years ago. It was a red Mundial parked right in front of the Miramar hotel. I walked out the door and was faced with this gorgeous thing right in front of me. That was a sight I never forget.

I've seen the garage here with F-40, F-50, and 360 Modena. One Enzo is arriving in October, they are saying that it might belong to this guy also. It's a pity he doesn't have 288GTO in possession. The one and only 288GTO in Thailand is owned by someone my friend knows and it won't change hand easily.

23. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    hi Bubba, you dont live just of pik sha road do you? (I wont post actual address for obvious reasons) Only my gf used to live there and her neighbour had some very similar cars to you..

24. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004

How much are you selling for?
    I'll be in Thailand on Mar 14's night and would like to check that out.

25. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Craig, no I don't live off that road.