Shreveport anyone? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Shreveport anyone?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by dream cars, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Anyone know the Giglio family in Shreveport?

2. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    They sold a red 308 on louisville not too long ago. That european place... i followed it once and it was spewing a lot of black smoke..

I heard someone got a sweet porsche 911 (not sure what one).. but i have not seen it yet.

Monroe has to be one of the worst places on the planet for nice cars..

3. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    Glad someone from Monroe responded to my post :)

My friend works at the european place on Louisville, I wouldn't buy anything from them, they rip a lot of people off, before I bought my z28 I considered buying a 944 from them, they neglected to tell me it had been flooded, and needed a new engine. My friend who works there bought it, and a week later (drove it twice), the engine blew.

Anway, Monroe doesnt seem to have that many nice cars. I've seen a white NSX, met the guy at Applebees one time. There is an Asian guy with a black NSX, and a Dr. on Finks Hideaway has a pretty nice M3. My friend has a 2001 corvette with around 500hp, and on Old sterlington road there is a guy with a yellow Z06 and red viper, I have no idea how he could afford them, he looks like hes about 20.

4. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Easily... mommy and daddy pay for his stuff. He is a moron. He supercharged his viper and blew the engine. Then he did it again to his new viper. Some kids never learn.

5. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I grew up in Shreveport and lived there until 1996. I'm in Austin, TX now. My sister from Bossier City is here visiting with me this week.

6. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    Khayes, I'm from Austin too. I'm planning on moving back in a year or so, Monroe is not the greatest place to live :)

7. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    Netviper, if you are ever hungry and want some free pizza, stop by the Johnny's on Old Sterlington road and I'll let you have all you want, on the condition you let me look at your car. Seriously. :)

8. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ha... sounds like a deal. What do you do there?

9. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    I'm the shift manager (WOOOOOO, important!) Heh, I make pizzas and make sure everyone behaves and doesnt screw up. And I can make free pizzas :) . Anyway, if you ever call up there and want some food, just ask for Joel, I work every day except wednesday.

10. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    What would it cost for me to have a Johnny's Sweep the Kitchen delivered from Funroe, LA to Austin, TX? In a Ferrari? Ha ha ha.

I went to La Tech in Ruston and ate my fair share of Johnny's pizza's back in the day. We used to order a 12 inch cheese pizza deliverd to the KA house and while the pizza dude was delivering the 12 incher my brothers would sneek down to his car and clean him out of large sweep the kitchen pizza's that were to be delivered to the GDI's that had plenty of money. We were always broke from pooling our money on kegs from Wil-Mart. I guess I feel bad now but I didn't back then.

11. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I saw that someone posted a comment about Foreign & Classic in Sport. I bought a 928 from Charlie back in the 80's and he serviced that Porsche as well as a few others that I had back then. The lead mechanic back then was a young guy named Wayne I think. He had a lime green early 911 that he bought from an older gentleman at the Yatch club. They were a great group of guys and did excellent work. Who owns F&C now?

12. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    I personally am not sure who owns it currently, but I could ask my friend.

My dad lives in Austin and went to LA tech too, and I will start this summer. And as far as delivering the sweep, if you let me drive your Ferrari, it'll be free, I'll pay the gas, and hand over my two weeks paycheck. Once again, seriously :) . Haha, and you would be suprised how many people try your little stunt about sneaking in the car.

13. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Johnny's is the best!!!!!!!!!!! maybe I could get one frozen and overnighted to Orlando. that would be cool

14. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    Actually I think we can do that now. We sell frozen ones anyway.

15. orbatrox

orbatrox Rookie

May 17, 2004

I saw that red 360 on I-20W and parked in front of the Children's Museum on South Grand. Black top right? Any idea who it belongs to?

There was a smokey 355 spyder (red/tan) that belonged to a local Neurosurgeon. I don't know what was wrong with that thing but it seemed to blow blue smoke and the engine sounded bad (as in rattles and clatter).

Back in the early 90's there was 348 running around and now periodically you'll see what looks like 308 (red one).

There was a Lambo Diablo that belonged to West Monroe business man and he would sometimes have people take their pictures in it for a charge durring Christmastime. I saw it once at his Christmas Tree lot.

16. RacerFlash

RacerFlash Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bob Gordon
    I was in Natchitoches a couple of weekends ago and my wife and I took the horse carriage tour of the historic district. The woman who "drives" the carriage also gives you a verbal tour and history lesson. We were passing an Edward Jones Investment office when a beautiful silver 360 Modena came out of the business driveway and passed in front of the carriage. The tour guide suddenly turned around and announced, "That there is a $200,000 Ferrari! You won't see many of those in Natchitoches!". I'm guessing that was an understatement! :)

Anyone on the list belongs to this beautiful F360???

Thanks,
    Bob

17. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hey Bob, nice pic of the F1 car from the Concourso at Long Vue!

Sure was neat seeing it in person huh?

18. RacerFlash

RacerFlash Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bob Gordon
    It sure was! In the past when I saw Indy Cars, TransAm Cars, Prototype Car in person I was kind of let down. But, seeing the F1 Ferrari was much more exciting then I thought it would be. All the cars were exciting to see. These owners are very lucky people!

Bob

19. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** That sorta explains the silver 360 that Net Viper saw in Monroe a few months ago. I have seen a silver 360 on I-49 heading towards Shreveport as well. This could very well be the same car.

20. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The silver one I saw is a coupe. I heard it was someone local though..

21. RacerFlash

RacerFlash Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bob Gordon
    The one I saw above was also a coupe. Not sure if he lives there or not but he was coming out of an investment business on a Saturday so I'm guessing he does.

Bob

22. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** Monroe has seen a few Ferraris in her day. In 1971 a friend of mine got a 275 GTS for high school graduation. I was bought from a millionaire who lived on Loop Road in a BIG white house. He drove it all the time and most folks thought it was an MG. In 1974 he sold it to a gentleman in Houston and today the car is in San Antonio. There have been others ... a Mondial T Cab, a 348ts, a Testarossa, a 348tb, a 512TR, a 512 BB, a 512BBi, a 355 Fiorano F1 Spider, and a 360 Spider. Mostly owned by doctors, who have little time to drive them. There have also been a few NSXes and others.
    If there is a silver 360 lurking around chances are you will see it when you least expect it.
    Ferraris are not a common sight in North Louisiana as they have become in South Louisiana, especially the New Orleans area. The French Quarter event looked like Palm Beach during the Cavallino.

FM

23. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** Charlie still does. He recently built a new complex in a different part of town

24. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** You remember my 348ts? I have since moved from Monroe and have become a Family Man. No more Fcars, but have plenty of memories and photos.
    The red 360 belongs to a Monroe businessman whom I attended school with for many years. Sorry but I am not authorized to give out his name.
    The 355 Spider is a '99 Fiorano with F1 shift and the doctor is a friend of mine. Last year he moved to NYC where he is director of spinal trauma at a leading medical university in Brooklyn.
    Monroe has seen plenty of Ferraris in her day and surely more to come. Shreveport has a few but if you wanna see Ferraris go to New Orleans. There is a club of appx 90 there.

25. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Bubbaland, USA
    Full Name:
    Disgruntled Dave
    That would be mine! ;)