Shumacher Enzo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Shumacher Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by pazarturo, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Aparently Michael is a VERY safe driver on the roads. Hardly ever speeds and does crazy stuff. There is too much to lose for him.

But i have heard that he does do a little bit of "bahning" from time to time

2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    he had or has a diablo, i remember seeing the pics around here at one time.

3. taunus

taunus Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2002
    Germany, Osnabrueck
    Full Name:
    Ansgar
    Michael Schumacher drives 575 Maranello, 612 Scaglietti, Enzo (rosso scuderia) and a Lancia Thesis at the moment.

He has had Bugatti EB 110 SS (yellow), Lamborghini Diablo, F40, 550 Barchetta, 456 GT, 550 Maranello and some other Ferrari, he gets two new Ferrari per year.

There are roumors that MS is on the buyers list for the Bugatti Veyron.

4. ilo

ilo Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    He sold the Bugatti long time ago.

5. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    In addition to his street cars, I have also heard Schumacher has every Ferrari race car that he has raced, exculding the 96 car which was a dog. Is this true?

6. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

While I won't confirm this, I have heard the same thing.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't think every car that he raced, but maybe one from each season. If that's the case, then it must've been completed less than a year ago because he bought the Jordan he drove earlier this year I believe.

8. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    I am young and relatively new to the sport of F1, but, in the back of my mind there is a memory of Schumacher receving a yellow F50 as a gift after a race in the late 90s. He could have sold it by now, maybe he still has it, or maybe I dont know what the hell I am talking about....

9. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Yeah, those that actually believed it was a "friend's car" ;)

He could have if Bugatti had delivered the Veyron on time! He'll still be waiting for it.

10. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    He's referring to the EB110.

11. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I remember reading an article about the Enzo where a reporter basically asked him how it compares to the F1 car. MS more or less shyed away from the question and gave a political response along of the lines that you just can't compare the two. Reading between the lines I'd say that means it's not even close :D

12. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    I was offered the Black Enzo to sell a year or so ago that belonged to Weber. He decided to keep the car.

One of the Schumacher (I think Michael) brothers had a Porsche Carrera GT but decided not to take the car when it was built. It was then purchased by a friend of mine here in the U.K

Michael did have the Bugatti EB110. Not sure whatever happened to it, and also a Brabus tuned/styled Mercedes ML.

13. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    I've read that MS gets the first offer to buy "last year's" F1 car that he drove. He also had a Ducati monster that was sold on eBay by the second owner.

14. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    I agree with Schumi. As cool a car the Enzo is, it isn't even close to a F1 machine. 3250+ pounds does not a race car make. Anyone who thinks otherwise is smokin' crack.

15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Where could he drive it? Could you just imagine the attention an Enzo with MS behind the wheel would attract?

16. TZL

TZL Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2003
    Atherton, CA
    well MS can't own every race car he has raced since its a well known fact that Ferrari has been selling former F1 cars, there was some guy who ate it in MS F1 car at Monterey Historics I believe

17. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

Yeah, but remember Ferrari just does not make two F1 cars, they make a total of 5 or 6.

18. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Yes, he has one example of each model of F1 car he's raced from 1991 to 2004.

As for the Enzo vs F1 comparison...

Top Gear had both the Enzo and the Renault F1 R24 tested around their short track last year.

The Enzo, the fastest car they had tested to date, recorded a 1:19, followed by the Carrera GT with a 1:19.8

The Renault F1 car managed 59 seconds in slightly damp conditions, so even on a very short track in worse conditions, the F1 car beat the Enzo by a full 20 seconds. :)

19. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Closer to 10 per year.