Signs | FerrariChat

Signs

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bart, Apr 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    I am riding in a car. It is in Austria. I am riding shotgun. My daughter is seating behind me. Her boy friend is driving. This is the first time I am riding in a car in Europe.

Oh, look. What do I see but a big yellow rectangular with a prancing black horse? I have found a Ferrari dealership by accident in Salzburg, Austria. Joy, oh, joy!

Opps. It is a gas station. Somewhere to feed the beast. It is an oil company from Italy. It uses the symbol from the airplanes of the Great War. Oh well.

Nuts, I thought I had found the place where I could rent a beast, a 550 Maranello.

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    So are you over there right now Bart?

3. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    No, I am back to my home. Monday I leave for Vegas. Darn.

I drive my toy 600 miles. It will be used to get me what I desire in Sin City. A 550 is a ticket in waiting.

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Just make sure you don't valet it. We all know the horror stories that have happened in the past.

5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    the valet in Vegas is probably one of the few places where you can have some confidence. If they park out front your car stays front and center even if the signs say they are full, you don't even have to ask they know. If they don't park in front (bellagio) they park it across two spaces near the pick up to make sure that no one dings it, and it's no problem if you want to pick it up yourself, so that you can let it warm up a little before you get is sideways on the strip :). Never had one problem in Vegas. Make sure you tip when dropping off. TIPS: To Insure Proper Service. Just parked my 355 there and the guy knew exactly where the handbrake was (and how to use it) he also knew exactly where the doorhandle was (not everybody does). I still kept a watchful eye....

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Chuckle! I had that same reaction... and I kept having it every damn time I saw that for the first week I was driving around Italy. Almost got annoying after a while. Every time I saw it, I'd get excited for a moment.

The trials of a Ferraristi in Italy. ;)