silverstone 9th sept FOC track day | Page 2 | FerrariChat

silverstone 9th sept FOC track day

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steve f, Aug 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Can't be with you guys, so I will be thinkin's of all you jammy gits!

Have fun......

2. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Stig sir would have been great to see you again,
    would have been nice to see black beauty out in all her splender,another time it is then,and Andy H has no co-pilot as qualified as you for the job,im sure he will cope though,

Dale.

3. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It's a gorgeously clear night in north Bucks now. Should be a nice day tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I'm coming without knowing anyone there! Kevin456mgt can't go :(

Whats the deal tomorrow? Do i just park up and wander over to the F1 pits? Then just beg any owners to get a ride?

See y'all tomorrow

Rico

4. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Bloody fantastic day today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Big thanks to Charlie for giving me tonnes of 355 experience. Think thats my first Ferrari mate :)

Great putting a few names to faces too.

I thought the FOC was a bit snobby, but the total opposite was true. Everyone i spoke to was enthusiastic, friendly and generous. Fab.

Jackie Stewart speaking at lunchtime was a bonus too!

:)

5. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks Joe, but I kind of overslept a 'little' this morning and missed the opportunity. Woops.

Glad to hear it was a good day.

6. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Great day today big thanks to Joe and Andy for the blast's round the track,
    also meet a few more f-chatters too,
    great day very much enjoyed it,

Dale.

7. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Hi guys it was nice to meet you all at Silverstone today Hope you all enjoyed the day as we did Its nice to be able to put a person to the names on here To those of you were not able to come you really should try some of these days they are very well run and great way to get even more pleasure from your Ferrari See you at Donnington at the weekend

RAY 360m ps hope you got your bits from Gaypaul Steve

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hi
    it was a good day yesterday even though i was only there for 1 hour put a few names to a few faces dale ray ferg andyh andy nitro v8 joe and others wow you missed a great day stig jackie stewart was there driving round and gave a speech in the cafe
    called at the new graypaul in nottingham on the way home for some parts what a place had a tour round the workshops and parts dept i am going back this morning for more parts if they arrive if they dont donnington dont look good as the tax is out on the P100 and the ferrari is in bits all over the garage floor so i am waiting for the call from graypaul the bits are here then its a busy day go get them then fit them and pray it works

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Steve,
    what's wrong with car??

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    snapped a cat thermo coupling and had to take the cats off to get it out and nobody has any and it wont run without one even posted in usa for a tempory bodge but it cant de done

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Shocker, sorry m8....when will you know if you can make Sunday?

12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    if graypaul ring i can come if they dont i wont

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Good luck.

14. paul360m

paul360m Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Nr Heathrow
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Had a great day too! It was really good to meet some of the guys though seems that missed quite a few too!

The CS was an absolute tool round the circuit & without doubt the best sounding car too - standing at the end of the pitlane at the entrance to Copse was awesome with the CS's present flicking it down a gear (or two) then accelerating up to Maggots/Beckets.

It was my first time on the track with the car & i have to say it inspires huge confidence & even getting nowhere near the limits of the car, it was very quick - still easily munched by 355/360 Challenge cars but they were running slicks!!

I am very impressed with the FoC days & although tracktime is somewhat limited on a sessioned day, there were very few stoppages & these were dealt with very quickly. Supplying free instructors is such a good thing & i was amazed to find Calum Lockie there - he is a very good instructor - probably the best i have ever had - & he certainly helped with my understanding of the cars capabilites & of course the right way to drive the circuit.

I was equally amazed that a person of his calibre was not used continously throughout the day & speaking to him at the end, it appeared that he only instructed for 3 or 4 sessions out of about 12 available! Maybe Ferrari drivers dont need it...............!!

Anyway, a great day - & i also bagsed pit 1a!

Cheers

Paul

15. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
    Hi everyone, this is my first post.

Silverstone was another typical sunny and enjoyable day.

I had probably seen most of you yesterday, although not met.

I was wondering how many of you signed up for a passenger ride (as this is when I get to meet most).

I know 'Rico' was one of them and I signed up Rays guests.

Did anyone get out for all of their registered/classed sessions?

16. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    It was a great day yesterday, altho that damn 348 ts you know the one with the black tape holding the nose on did keep trying to pass me..(no chance) lol.

Seriously tho it was nice to see all , Dale ,Ray, Stevef, Rico,Paul etc etc
    I agree Paul the CS is a bloody great car on the track, I had a few hairy moments but all within the cars capabilities....Im looking forward to getting to know the car betta over the next few months ..on the track that is :)

Some of you guys should try and make the Brands Hatch session 5th October make it a Fchat day , You dont have to race but beware do not borrow yr dads car unless you know exacatly how to drive/handle the car...some guy totalled his dads car in the late afternoon session , great response from the marshalls and half the members who seemed up to jump on the track and assist if required.

Im pleased to say tho that only someones pride and a disapointing Insurance bill was all that was damaged :)

Joe

17. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Joe i found the CS quite amazing,i dont think id ever turn the race mode switch off,love the padel shift always wonderd what its like now ive seen it in action im well impressed,Andy's nitro down the back stright was pretty impressive for overtaking,well driven you guys-safe and fast ,

Dale.

18. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Nicola welcome to f-chat,did manage to find a shirt to cover my arm's,borrowed one off Joe's mate Dan,do you remember asking me that before i signed on,how's that mr2 going,

Dale.

19. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    The eagle-eyed will also have spotted 360GT racers Andrew Kirkaldy and Tim Mullen there, and grabbed them for a track session or two.

20. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

I did several times as they showed me how the CS can perform on track...at one point i followed one of them as he attemted a late overtaking on a bend along with a long power drift right round the bend and on to the straight...top driving skills!!

And a bit of showmanship..and why not!! :)

21. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    No pics :confused: Boo ;)

22. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  23. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  24. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yeh.. i took about 60.

Got a few of the "no smoking in the pitlane" incident... but don't feel i should post those?

I'll upload a few more now to that PH thread... (easier than adding to a FChat thread, and my server ain't going anywhere!).

Tony... pretty sure i saw your spider (rosso/crema right? only one there?) but didn't meet you... damn

:)

25. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    it wasn't me, i was stuck in the office :(