Simple question about a 550. | FerrariChat

Simple question about a 550.

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bart, Jan 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    While I was a passenger in my own car today, I reread the manual. Under fuels, it says I have over 30 gallons. The surprise is it stated there is a 5 gallon reserve. How do I use the reserve?

I began driving at the bottom of the grapevine today. The past two nights were spend in the Bay Area. My passenger, a young fellow employee, drove on I-5 both ways. She enjoyed learning that slower cars need not past one. On a clear section, she hit the fastest she had even driven a car. Many of you may not have been able to reach that speed.

Driving the grapevine in a Maranello is fun. It is four lanes wide and the trucks use the inside two. The ascend is 3,000 feet to the top in less then 10 miles. It was nice to be able to go up fast. I had one small problem. Two separate CHP cars stopped me after the top and I had slowed down. One said I was going over one hundred up the hill but he could not catch me. The other clocked me after he caught up with the 550 at 100 mph. He was driving an all white cruiser. The first cruiser was a black & white. I gave him last year’s registration but he did not care. The black & white CHP was interested in the Maranello and the other cop gave me a break. The ticket says 90 mph – 20 over the posted limited. Triple digit can be very costly!