Sin City | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sin City

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LMP234, Apr 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Just came back from seeing it.

It was good. Not as great as some have mentioned. Bruce Willis is the man, no doubt. What was with the huge wing on the 348?

The girl "GOLDIE" when having sex in the bed, she was hot. I also liked the girl who was the "leader" of Old Town and kept french kissing "dwight" she was hot too.

THe movie seemed like too wrapped up into the good vs. evil, and good always winning. I was never into comics, and am told its based on a comic book, so that makes sense, but it was rather predictable in that sense. ALso there seemed to be a theme of empowerment for women. Not really into that. Women have a place in this world, and that is either be on their knees, in the kitchen, on all fours, or on their backs. All the BS about women having their own laws in their own city, was a bit over the top.

Aside from that, the movie was different. Not the greatest, but doable.

2. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Ya.

I guess I came into it knowing it was based off of a comic book, and knowing to expect something over the topic with comic based themes (good vs evil, lots of fighting etc).

But to each his own (even though your opinions wrong). ;)

3. erik1968

erik1968 Karting

Mar 30, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I just saw the movie last night. Jessica Alba alone makes the movie worth watching.

4. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    My mom told me yesterday, they are considering it art, b/c if you put it up side by side with the actual comic they are nearly identical.

5. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    The movie is exceptional. Go see it.

Nick

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    All I gotta say is movie ROCKS. By far one of the best films I've seen in a while.

7. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I saw it tonight. Pretty good, not great. I dont think it was as good as Pulp Fiction. Speaking of which, anyone seen "be cool"?? Worth it?

It was Sin City or Sahara, and I figured Sahara would be packed, and I hate Matthew M anyways :)

8. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree, it was good, not great. I think there was to many plots with no real good wrap up.

9. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    You guys can't read or listen to what people are saying. I went to see the movie opening night without any clue on how it's going to be. I really liked it. I think Mickey Roarke was the best part.

10. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #35 Sfumato, Apr 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    this sounds stupid but the whole movie isnt in black and white and red is it?

12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    nope, its not.

13. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
  14. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    is it appropriate for a 16yrs old son and 13yrs old daughter?

15. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Depending on maturity. Yes for a 16 year old, but there really is a lot of gruesome violence, so I don't know if it's good for a 13 year old girl. But Like i said, if she is mature enough, sure.

16. cab7104

cab7104 Karting

Mar 25, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I guess I am like a week late. I saw it on opening day, hadn't read the books in years, it was a great adaptation. I am a sucker for film noire too, so that helped. As far as a 13 y.o. girl goes, prolly not for here, but that is just my take. The plot jumps did come from the books, they took three books and put them into one, which led to plot jumps, I agree that could have been done better.

Craig

17. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    If the 16 yo is mature, yes.

No for the 13 yo, lots of cursing, nudity, violence...all to an extreme level. Still a strong sense of Good vs Bad in the movie which is really interesting. Bruce Willis' part was excellent...

18. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    ok.., took g/f to see it tonite.....30 minutes into the movie, she wanted to leave and wait for me outside until the movie is over. invariably, we both left. bummer!!! will need to go back and catch it again w/ someone else.

19. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    dude you need a new gf.

20. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    either that or just none at all. i went out with a girl like that (she would cover my eyes until about 40-45 mins into a movie, then want to leave and if i wanted to stay she would hit me. i got a new one and now im happy.