Since I'm overwhelmed by joy.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Since I'm overwhelmed by joy....

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PatrickShim, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    sounds like a successful evening. congrats. dont worry about not getting any, all things happen when they are ready. For the sake of longevity, i believe it will work out better if you didnt score on the first date. I bet you had the best sleep in years..... :)

2. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Oooh.... a major hang-over.....

:)

Maybe I drank too much late night.

3. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    HaHa, glad you had a great time, thats all that counts... Im sure you and your friends will go on another fun outing sometime soon. When that date is set, be sure to PM right away, I want to go! :p

I believe you on how fine/gorgeous your girl/friends were. If you said that there were bout 10 people following you to the bar, and they started hitting on your friends before you got there, that means those guys havent had a drink (sober) yet hehe...

*If you and your friends are interested on going to Hollywood/Beverly Hills Nightclubs (hiphop/salsa/rock etc..), Pubs w/Live Band, Etc... Let me know, I got dozens of club promoters all over LA at different Venues, I can hook ya' up with VIP...

Take it easy Pat...

4. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim

Thanks for the offer!!! You have to hook me up with some clubs! :)

5. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Anyone here dated a girl who was much taller? I'm about 5'6", and she's 5'11"... and yesterday, she had like 3" heel on....

Damn, my neck hurts now from looking up all evening.... I should've had more milk when I was little.

6. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    love long legs, hell, love legs...

x-gf was ~5'10"

new gf is 5'1"

7. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Man Patrick, Im envious. I have mad crushes on 3 different girls right now and I cant seem to get a date alone with any of them...well, one is taken already, so I suppose thats a setback...The other two though? I can only dream :(

8. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I wish! My ex was 6'0", so she just about matched me with heels on.. Current g/f is 5'9" and it's just about right (I'm somewhere between 6'3"-6'4" depending on what shoes I've got on and if I decide to stand up straight that day).

One of the hottest chicks I've ever seen was around 6'7".. Even though I was the second tallest person in the room I still couldn't get up the nerve to talk to her!

-Chris

9. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I'm thinking about getting her a gift... She wants to be a news anchor and had gone through some difficult time lately, so I got a copy of Deborah Norville's book "How to Straighten Out Your Life When It Throws You a Curve". I am getting Deborah to sign the book, along with a little note to encourage her... Is it too much of gift so early in the game?

I have experiences of "scareing off" girls before, so I'm being hesistant about things. The last one I dated (after 4 years of chasing), I did some CRAZY stuff and totally scared her off. First, she was an Olympic-level equestrian, so I learned how to ride horses, Secondly, I tracked down a painting she wanted for years and got it for her, then because she's half Latvian, I learned how to speak Latvian.... (now that is something I have no use for... :) ) Well, long story short, I scared her off. Hahaha...

Let me know what you guys think about the book idea. Maybe just the book itself w/o Deborah's signature and notes? or the whole idea is okay (or dumb)?

(By the way, if she finds this thread somehow, that'll scare her off :) )

10. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hmmm..... I think Patrick needs to start listening to some Leykis 101... :)

Generally, it's also a bad idea to get someone a gift that basically says "your life's f'd up". ;)

My guess is, since you already know what her problems are, you're already stuck in the friend category....

11. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    LOL!!! I didn't think about that. :)

Well, I've known her and her family for ten years. I've been closer to her parents then her, since she's been in Nevada for two years.

12. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Chill out and play the game. Chicks don't like too interested too fast. Make yourself a challenge. Buy the gifts later once your getting some.

13. italcarguy

italcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rimicci
    I second that. 97.1 FM in the afternoon. I've learned some valuable stuff listening to Tom Leykis.

Don't get her a gift yet. Make her want you just as much as you want her. You start getting her gifts, she is gonna be overwhelmed and may slip you a cell phone bill or something cuz she needs help just one time and promises to pay you back.

Good luck with her man and keep your eyes open. Listen to Tom Leykis.

14. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Here's a picture of her (five years ago)... I won't mention her name for her privacy.

It not how beautiful she is "outside" that moves me, but how beautiful she is "inside". She has a great heart and is one of the smartest girls I've ever met.

15. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    WOW! She is beautiful, nice smile too :) I dont blame you Pat... You should take her out dancing and see if she knows how to "Back That Thang UP!!!"

16. buggravy

buggravy Karting

Jul 29, 2004
    Encino, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt

17. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I know.... sorry guys.

I actually got to see her again today because she left her jacket in my car. I actually did apologize to her and her parents for driving under the influence. I don't think I was drunk-driving, but I think I was a bit buzzed.

Sorry guys.

18. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Glad you had a good time with the woman! Don't buy anything for her yet though, don't want to overwhelm her.

my 2 cents

19. dbcooper

dbcooper Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2005
    Costa Mesa,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Tim Romero
    My friend,
    You definitely must take a deep breath and calm down and slow down,otherwise you will scare her off and it will leave you wonderin why you did what you did and what you shouldnt have done for the rest of your life.Been there, done that.I know you want to be a nice guy because you were taught to be one.You're gonna learn the truth the hard way.Leave a little mystery about yourself and dont try too hard to find gifts or give advise or learn Latvian.Tom Leykis says no gifts until you see her naked,I know you think this is probably too harsh but theres a lot of truth in this.Remember theres also a lot of truth in the saying"nice guys finish last"I learned this the hard way, if you dont scare her off,you become the "Friend".The one she runs to every time the latest boyfriend dumps,burns,fools around on her.You get to help her pick up the pieces and get her back on her feet,and for your time and trouble and heartbreak you get,"I cant sleep with you,you're like my brother!"So slow down and make her call you next time.
    otherwise you'll be sorry!

20. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    How did that come up? Did her parents mention it to you first?

DL

21. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    When I got up in the morning with a hangover, I realized what I did. I apologized before they brought it up, and they were okay with it. When I was getting in the car and when I was driving, I didn't really feel it (maybe I was still high from the date), but when I got up in the morning, it was one of the worst hangovers ever.

22. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    T.M.I.

23. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'd be happy to recount some DUI horror stories for you.. let's just say that there's a good reason why I'm home on Fri & Sat nights posting on F-Chat.

-Chris

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Im gonna go out on a limb.(imagine that)

DUDE! Be confident!

First: You want a bunch of guys with Ferraris to show up on your first date,

Then you drink yourself into a stupor and drive drunk,

Then you wake up wondering about what to buy her as a thank you gift???

Finally, you apologize to her parents for risking her life (even though they didn't bring it up) and even if you felt it was the right thing to do (for whatever reason), do you really think you endeared yourself to her father?

I don't know you so for me to say "Be yourself" might not be appropriate, but I can say self that unless this "Is" yourself...you should take a deep breath before you dig a deeper hole.

DL

25. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Yeah, I totally agree with you.

Thanks for the honest opinion. I really appreciate that.