Since I'm overwhelmed by joy.... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Since I'm overwhelmed by joy....

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PatrickShim, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    i havent been watching this thread, i will read it all later...but, beyond analysis paralysis......

realize the worst, hope for the best, and have fun. If it works, it works, if it doesnt.

I will read the entirety of this thread tonight, i hope this is relevant, but ..

just enjoy yourself for whatever it is

best wishes

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Here's another angle.......

Nail her best friend. That will definitely get her attention.

DL

3. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
  4. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The fact that you've known each other for 10 years, and nothing has happened between you yet is the biggest sign that it's not really a date...

5. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Yes and the fact that she asked another girl to come along. Kind of a C*cK block

6. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Maybe nail her best friend and ask her to join us? :) (Gosh, I hope her best friend is a girl).

Okay... here's something I wasn't going to mention here, but there's something you guys need to know... and yes, I'm going to go to hell...

She was (is) actually married and she's right now going through a divorce. That is one of the reasons why I really didn't go after her until now.

Yeah, I have an express way ticket to hell. :)

7. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If she's going through divorce, then she's available, maybe a little vulnerable, but available.

8. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV

Ok, you asked for it :)

Considering the circumstances, going thru a divorce, you have known her for years, etc...

My advice would be to be honest with her and just flat out tell her that you are interested in her as more than a friend. See what she says.

9. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    OH, Big Deal to leave out! She's needs loving there Patrick! Better be the one to get it done!

10. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    Don't fall victim to the rebound !

All joking aside, I looked into your profile, wow. You are 4 years older than I am, and I thought I was "kind of" accomplished compared to my peers. But DUDE, you have so much going for yourself. Just keep taking what comes to you!

11. JamE55

JamE55 Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Maybe one of the best advice offered... :)

12. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Would it be worth risking the friendship?

Thank you for your kind words. I really believe that the most blessed thing I have are friends, and many of them are friends I got to meet through FerrariChat.com. Thanks guys!

13. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #88 CMY, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Divorced you say? Here's how I think you should handle this situation..

Oh yeah, and rent "Swingers" when you get a chance. Good movie to reset your approach to.

-Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Patrick,

She needs healing time and support. If you attempt to create a relationship too early during the healing period, it could all go south. Also, don't let her try to create one with you too soon. It's not healthy, no matter who starts it. I think you should absolutely let her know that you care about "her well being & that you've always thought she was a very cool lady and - - - (this is the important part) - - THAT YOU KNOW SHE NEEDS TIME TO GET THROUGH ALL THIS. Now, this is you, not groping and reaching out to grab her but (butt :) in fact, stepping back yet still being supportive and careing (very attrictive).

Bottom line is this - - if she's attracted to you, she'll admire and respect your strength and wisdom. If she's not, she'll cherish your friendship. It will be what it will be........ OK, my $20.00 worth. :)

Isn't LOVE too much? - - Cheers, Hank

15. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

Patrick,

I've been following this. Be yourself, overthinking is the key to losing any girl.

Oh, and get some new friends. Well, maybe not, you're getting some good tried and tested advice here.

good luck.

16. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

Better to live with remorse than regret. Be careful here though, it's a fine line.

17. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can write a book on this subject but it basically boils down to this sentence. The ones I actually invested time and thought into usually slipped through my fingers while the ones I couldn't care less about would never leave.

-Chris

18. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Yes CMY, that was my point - - when you chase, they run - - when you run, they chase. It's OK to be interested in the girl at this point in time - - just don't "GET HEAVY". Even the magic of Love doesn't work in an instant - - it takes time. Oops, yes, of course you can fall in love in "AN INSTANT". We're talking about a situation.

Cheers, Hank

19. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I called her to see if she can go to the race this weekend at the California Speedway and she's going to be at Lake Tahoe this weekend. :( (I guess I'll be at the race without a date... I'll be there on Saturday, guys!)

She is giving some signs that she's interested, but I think I'm now totally reading wrong signs... :)

20. JamE55

JamE55 Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Don't think it would be risking it if you asked her and for example she said no. If she's really a true friend she'll probably tell you that yes she's interested or if she said no then hopefully she'll just tell you that you guys are still friends. Also if you don't ask her you'll be forever wondering what could and would've happened. Just my 2 cents.
    And what signs might those be? :D

21. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    True. All it took was one of those potentially regrettable situations to change my MO forever.

Now, I ALWAYS go for it!

DL

22. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

Like: "Honey, will you marry me? AGAIN?" :)

23. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    VIIIIIIIIIINCE!

I figured this would happen. I'm glad it was you! ;)

I was thinking outside of the box!! :D:D:D:D:D

DL

24. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim

I think I am going to give it a couple of months, give her the love and support, then ask.

I totally agree with Hank about her needs right now. I don't want to give her additional stress by asking her out... but at the same time, I don't want to lose her to another jerk.

Good idea?

When men are in love, even if they say "f#$% off" or "drop dead", we hear it as "i love you". :)

The view count on this thread is now passing 2,000, and I'm worried if at least one of the viewers know her... (or is her).

If you know her PM me. :)

25. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    #100 PatrickShim, Apr 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The book arrived and I'm still wondering if I should or should not give her the book....

Deborah Norville was so nice... she signed and added a note of encouragement for her.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login