355 - Siren just goes of after car is locked with FOB | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Siren just goes of after car is locked with FOB

Discussion in '348/355' started by Beetle, Feb 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Hello Mr Rifledriver.
    I'm hoping you can answer a alarm question for me.
    I have replaced my antilift sensor with the 360 type and upgraded bracket and cable. When I arm the car one beep one flash. When I disarm the car 3 beeps. That says forced entry!!.
    My question is this. Is this just saying that the system at some stage has been a forced entry try as in memory that the system has logged and this can only be removed with the SD Ferrari equipment. Or is the system telling me even with the new antilift sensor that when I disarm after 10 mins that there has been another forced entry. I hope I'm explaining this ok. Cheers Paul

2. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Anyone with some advice is welcome to comment really.

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sounds like you have an intermittent short somewhere.

Can you confirm that your door open lights work (individually)? For all we know it could be related to your missing door open buzzer module :p

A short in a door lamp bulb holder may trigger the alarm. A short in the buzzer module may trigger the alarm, too, if you have one.

4. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Both door lights work. Haha about the buzzer. I'm wondering if it's worth taking the door cards off and checking the wiring plugs. It's a bit wierd how this has come about. That's why I asked about the alarm system having a continuous memory until you remove the code with the Ferrari SD equipment??. As in the original fault isn't removed until it's done through the SD equipment.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I'm not sure if removing the door cards will help. Since your lights (on the aft end of the door) appear to be working normally, it's less likely that there's a problem in the door. I just hope the F355s are not going the way of the F348s and the wiring on the door hinge is starting to break and short out.
    Maybe your door open switches are out of adjustment. Did you eventually find them (near the lower door hinge)?

6. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Yes and gave them a good going over with electronic cleaner spray. The alarm hasn't gone off so far but soon as I unlock the car from being armed I get the 3 beeps and 3 flashes. Book says forced entry has been tried? Got me beat at the moment. I have held the switchs in individually and locked the car then released each switch and alarm goes straight away.

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The only way to know is to read the memory and parameters to see what is happening.

Beetle likes this.
  8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Was your car ever showing the correct number of beeps and flashes or did you only notice the irregular beeps and flashes when your car alarm started going off? The new antilift sensor or door-switch-spraying may have stopped the alarm going off, but you may be correct in thinking that the SD tool may need to reset something to clear up the flashing/beeping problem. To me it seems an odd design though.

9. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Never had an issue with the beeps or flashes. I'd say the system holds memory or there is another issue. I will need to take to Melbourne to get it put on an SD tool I'd say

10. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Just spoke with eurospares and ordered the rear hood switch. They had 2, they are no longer available. It's the same switch as the testarossa pt no and has been superseded to 61501200. Once stocks are gone that's it.

11. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #36 Qavion, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Beetle likes this.
  12. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #37 Qavion, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Just had a closer look at my switch and I'm amazed at how little the plunger moves when the lid is closed. I'm not surprised that wear and tear would result in the switch not opening when the lid is closed.
    As I said before, you can adjust the switch slightly to help with the process.

If your switch is like mine, as a temporary measure, you could depress the plunger on the switch as shown in this photo and jam something non-conductive between A and B (on the underside of the switch)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

This should stop the switch conducting and setting off the alarm randomly. Normally, when the engine lid is open, the pointy part of A inserts into the hole in B allowing continuity.
    At the moment, I'm not sure if the plunger itself forms part of the conductive circuit. The mounting bracket is connected to part "A" all the time.

(EDIT: The switch is more robust than I imagined. It's not something which would break easily. Unless the spring on the plunger is broken, I'm sure yours could be repaired by cleaning and adjusting)

13. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    From my test wit a continuity meter when the plunger is released that creates a circuit. Most of the micro switchs I have had anything to do with work the opposite way. Basically when you force open the the circuit is created setting the alarm off if it's armed

14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    This is correct. As you say, Ferrari seems to like doing things differently.

If your switch is operating as you describe it, then it should be ok (other than, perhaps, wear and tear affecting the movement of the plunger). Did you try rotating the bracket slightly to put the plunger closer to the part it hits on the latch?

15. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    It's just closed circuit plunger in and out its cactus

16. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Are we all sure the 360 alarm in the 355 is ok

17. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Yep it's an upgrade Ferrari supplied the bracket and the cable adapter

18. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I assume you mean the 36o anti-jacking sensor?

19. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Aren't these sentences contradictory? Or was the switch intermittent, then finally broke?

20. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    There was no difference if plunger was in or out. A circuit was created either way intermittently

21. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
  22. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    I tested the front sensor against testing the rear sensor. The rear sensor had continuity when the plunger was depressed or released. The front sensor worked as it should. Plunger released created a circuit. Maybe I should have worded better .

23. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Shouldnt removing the sensor have the alarm consider it as a open circuit thus not trigger the alarm? I am trouble shooting my alarm as well as the same symptoms are happening, and keeping the circuit open or the connectors from touching doesnt help so I dont believe the plunger in my case is the problem. Did you figure yours out?

24. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Is it working now that you changed the sensor?

25. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Yes all fixed the switch was broken