355 - Siren just goes of after car is locked with FOB | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 Siren just goes of after car is locked with FOB

Discussion in '348/355' started by Beetle, Feb 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Was this causing the alarm to go of randomly or was it only the 3 beeps after disarm?

2. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    3 beeps. Rear engine lid switch. Anti lift sensor was also stuffed. Converted to 360 type sensor. No dramas anymore

3. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    i see. thanks for the clarification. has anyone just remove the anti lift? The likelihood of someone trying to tow away my 355 is next to nil, since I never take it to an area that someone would be able or bold enough to just tow it in public. I don't even think such a anti theft device is needed in this type of car and its sole purposes.

4. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    I believe it would be wired in a way that it's required! Some of the other guys maybe able to answer that question.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Since it has 4 wires on it, it's not a single switch like the others. You would have to run some resistance checks on the wires to see what is present when the sensor is level.

There are two wires going to the Immobiliser ECU, one going to the car's battery and one going to earth. One of the wires going to the ECU seems to be jumpered to the wire with the battery voltage on it. I'm not sure why. Maybe the ECU needs to know that the sensor has power.

Here's some of the jumble of wires hooked up to the Immobiliser ECU on the 5.2

F355 Alarm System (5.2)

The immobiliser plugs are labelled C, A and B in the wiring diagrams, but my plugs are labelled B, F & D with the numbers reading in a different direction. My diagram includes both versions.

Beetle likes this.
  6. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    I'm sure you won't be able to !just disconnect it!

7. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    they changed the part once again, the part I found is 203327 for 360 challenge stradale. it says it was superceded by 180097

Qavion likes this.
  8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I assume that's just for the sensor and not for the complete conversion kit for those cars with the old cylinder type sensor. i.e. the adaptor bracket and adaptor lead will be required in some cases, with LHD and RHD differences.

9. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    I couldn't purchase this as a KIT. Couldn't purchase a RHD bracket. I bought individual sensor, patch harness and modified a LHD bracket. Very simple mod.

Qavion likes this.
  10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Interesting. For my RHD car, Eurospares told me via email that the bracket would be available:

"The mounting bracket #179376 we can get NEW from Italy at £21.04, delivery 10 – 12 days."

I'm still deciding if I should make the purchase. There is nothing wrong with my old (large type sensor), but carrying that lump of iron around seems ridiculous.

11. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    When I purchased it was unobtainable item. Some months ago now. Good to see there are available